S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

The meeting was great!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 03:35 PM
Randy Jack
Postmaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The meeting was great!

The meeting was held Saturday 4/16/05 at Yorba Regional Park. We used the Park’s tables under the trees. Perfect weather.<O</O

Members attending were: Randy Walker (Randy Jack,), Ed Oe (EdsF100), Keith McVay (Keith_56_Crew_Cab), Tina Bartel (TinaB), David Magdaleno (Big302) and Jerry Magdaleno (HVAC911). Scott Yanc (A_Fire_Inside_R1) and Jim Lobue (Jimandmandy) showed a little later.

Randy, Ed, Jerry, Scott and Jim drove their trucks. Tina "was at least driving a Ford" and Keith must have driven "somebody else's truck". We spent a lot of time after the meeting pouring over everyone's rides and oggling.
<O</O

During the meeting, all filled out some member questionnaires with member’s contact information and some questions regarding personal interests.

The following topics were discussed:

What value should we get from being FTE members? Most agreed that socializing with “truck friends” and learning/sharing new skills were the main things desired from FTE membership.
What activities were we interested in? The top two items were attending events together and doing group “build days” on each other’s projects. Other possibilities included picnics and cruise trips as a caravan.

How big an obstacle is the group’s spread out geography? Attendees were from as far away as Redondo Beach (Jim) and San Diego (Scott), with the rest from more local areas. Although the driving distance and time (especially in So Cal) is significant, the consensus was that if we tried to tie the meetings to interesting events, the attendance could be higher. Shows and Cruises were mentioned as possible activities. It was also discussed that as the group got larger, areas could be defined where Members could get together locally on a more consistent basis, with full-up So Cal meetings being scheduled perhaps quarterly. Local area groups could have Captains for cohesiveness and coordinating to FTE So Cal.

More than one club officer needed? Chris Harnes (our president) has been unavailable for a while and was not able to attend the meeting. Randy Walker was elected Vice President and Ed Oe was elected Activities Director.

How to increase Membership?. It was suggested at the first meeting that business-sized cards for FTE So Cal be made for Member’s use to leave on non-member’s Ford trucks with a contact number for our chapter as an aid to increasing membership. Ed suggested that color flyers could be had without cost and that he would arrange same for Member distribution. Randy will forward an updated FTE Roster to Ed for that purpose.

A date for the next meeting was tabled. It is possible that either The Riverside Show and Go (5/13, 14 15), The Canyon Cruise (6/5/05) or the Western (All Truck) Nationals Show (6/25) (June events at Featherly Park) would be possible next meeting dates.

Cast your vote for the next meeting date and site. Randy and Ed have their 56's already entered in the Western (All Ford Truck) Nationals, 6/25. (hint)

Old 04-18-2005, 04:04 PM
edsf100
Posting Guru
You can check out a PIC of the group by clicking on the link

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...&albumid=15819

Old 04-19-2005, 02:05 PM
dumptech
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After June 11 I'll be a little more flexable on the weekends. Saturdays are booked up 'til then. Sundays are good. Bubba just got a transmission rebuild and is ready to go. Camping's good, too. If anything gets planned for my area (Ventura County), I'll be glad to help. Looks like some organization is forming. Thanks for all the work done so far. I like the card idea. I've seen many Ford trucks around here that I've wanted to put a note on regarding FTE.

Old 04-19-2005, 03:05 PM
edsf100
Posting Guru
Color Flyers are available for the asking. Just send me an email with your address or I can email you the pdf file to print on a color or B/W machine.

Ventura is a drive but there are some ideas being kicked around for this distance factor in the So Cal area. We have a lot of area to cover.

Old 04-20-2005, 09:35 AM
hiball3985
Logistics Pro
Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts
hope I can make the next meeting, I already had a camping trip planned during the last one, took the truck of course

Old 04-21-2005, 02:11 PM
dumptech
Elder User
Many nice places in this neck of the woods. Beaches, mountains, parks, ect. I also have friends that have a restaurant in Big Bear. I'm sure I could pursuade them to allow us to meet (at least once as long as we behave) there some time. Summers are real nice up there. Ed, please E-mail the flyer (just click on my screen name and it'll take you to an information screen).

Old 04-22-2005, 12:23 AM
keith56_cruz_cab
Elder User
Great summary randy
Hey chris you should use this guy as your secratery as well as your vice pres.

Old 04-22-2005, 08:36 AM
edsf100
Posting Guru
Second the vote!

Old 05-01-2005, 01:01 AM
73f350sc
Posting Guru
Ok guys,
Good to hear that you've taken a step in the right direction as far as other officers go, and Im glad to hear that Randy and Ed are willing to help so much I really appreciate it. Now then, let me say this, Im going through FTE withdrawl right now hopping online anywhere I can just to stay current. No word yet when Ill be back online for sure but I will. Please dont forget that you can call me if you need to Ill get my cell # out asap as well.
As far as the next meet I WILL be at Show and Go come rain or shine sleet or snow. So my vote is in for Show and Go.
So thank you all and Ill be in touch one way or another.
-Chris