Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Home made diesel

Old 04-13-2005, 07:40 AM
fourwheeler88
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Home made diesel

Hey guys i was just wonderin if anyone had the recipe to make homemade diesel fuel. I have heard some talking about it. If someone does run it how well does the truck run?? Is it good for the truck?? I have a 2000 7.3 and diesel is 2.27 a gallon here in Va. Thanx for any help

Old 04-13-2005, 09:19 AM
Steve_250
Posting Guru
Are you still under warranty for the engine? Personally, I wouldn't mess with it if it is. Now, there IS a guy on the left coast burning used cooking oil in his diesel Hummer. Gets it free from restaurants that would have to pay for disposal. He has a filter and some other gizmos attached. Says it smells like french fries going down the road. What a hoot!

Old 04-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Journey to Forever

Info and tons of links

If you want more, just type in biodiesel in Google. I know with a hot water heater, mixing kit, titration kit, and chemicals you can brew your own biodiesel in your garage. It runs exactly like regular dino diesel. It WILL clean out your fuel tank, so if you do switch be prepared to change out your fuel filter quickly.

Also, Ford only allows up to 5% bio diesel before voiding the warranty. There are some who have run 100% with no problems at all. Almost all newer diesels can run B100.

Old 04-13-2005, 09:49 AM
johnny8
Postmaster
i am surprised that some oil company hasn't gotten hot and heavy with some diesel fuel alternative.... with all the tractors on the road... plus us psd guys, and cummins guys... and crude getting soo expensive... at some point you know it's gotta be cheaper to use biodiesel... i can't get it up here in NH... what about you guys..?

Search this Thread