General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

What does it take to keep tresspassers off my property?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 05:16 PM
TWolf
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fence post you mentioned with strands of brab wire and a car battery with jumper cables. Hide the battery and cable connections. Then make a sign saying; "PEE HERE". With an arrow pointing toward the barb wire. It really hurts.

Old 04-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Schmids4.9l
Posting Guru
if your land is private property, shoot them in the leg with a 22. or dig big holes and hide them.

Old 04-12-2005, 05:46 PM
superspike
Senior User
We had a problem with tresspassers at my parent's home. We lived on 40 acres out in the sticks that we access via a half mile long gravel easement road that has a locked gate where it meets the road. We CONSTANTLY had people tresspassing despite 3 No tresspassing signs, so we decided to make our place look unfriendly to the people that decided not to heed the signs. My stepdad hung a noose out in the front yard, and my brother made creepy little skeletons out of animal (I think sheep or dogs) bones that he found out in the adjacent range land property and hung those from the fence.. we didn't have much of a problem after that. Plus signs with a bunch of bullet holes helps.

We are also having a trespassing problem where I work- I work for a USDA plant research facility, and we have "no trespassing US Govt property" signs at all the roads, but the little old ladies like to take their dogs on walks (with no leashes so they can dig in our research plots), and I have seen them step right over the signs so many times I wonder why we even bother. My boss just put up signs saying that the areas had been treated with pesticides- but I doubt any of these walkers will even bother to read them.

Old 04-12-2005, 05:50 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
OK gents let's keep this above the board...family site this is!

Old 04-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Ford51
Elder User
Put up a sign that reads, You have now entered the moving target area of gun range. Thank you for volunteering to be a target. But I think barbed wire strewn all over everywhere should be sufficient.

Old 04-12-2005, 06:02 PM
beano
Senior User
although those ideas sound great i need some tideas that wouldn't land be is the grey bar inn. i am thinking hard about the t post idea. and scince i cant booby trap my land, once again a grerat idea , its againt the law. thanks for the ideas i just need some jegit ideas.

thanks in advance

Old 04-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Marc150
Elder User
SHOOT 'EM!!!! Either that or follow them to their house and talk to the parents. Nah, thats not as fun. Run 'em down with a truck or something. Remember "Once the lead starts flyin, they'll run home cryin!!!" Ya cound get an estiate time of when they show up and ask a police officer to come over and catch 'em. Or get a "trail camera" and get some pictures and place some wanted posters and give 'em to the cops. Either that of buy some barbed wire (as mentioned before) and string it up across any paths they use. I'll think of more later.

Last edited by Marc150; 04-12-2005 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Schmids4.9l
Posting Guru
I'd get some attack dogs. train an american bull dog or some dovermans to attack at the click of your finger. got private property i wouldnt think you could get into any trouble, especially if you have no trespassing signs. or shoot them with BB or pellet guns. even better light them up with paint *****.

Old 04-12-2005, 06:18 PM
MRKnight
Elder User
Step 1 - Get out the backhoe
Step 2 - Dig a deep trench around the property
Step 3 - Fill the trench with water
Step 4 - Fill the water with alligators, pirahna, etc
Step 5 - Add a couple of "bodies" floating face down in the water
Step 6 - "No Trespassing" signs

That's what I'd like to do when I get my huge plot of land anyway!
In all seriousness if they KNOW they are trespassing there is not much you can do. They know the consequences and choose to do it anyway. People are so bold and uncaring now that they feel they'll be able to talk their way out of the arrest (or fine) and of course many have the attitude that if you do anything to them, even while they are completely in the wrong, they can get litigous and probably win. And of course they'll be darned if some little thing such as Private Property is going to stop them from doing what they want.

Here's an idea - follow them home and start wandering around in their houses!

Old 04-12-2005, 06:23 PM
TWolf
Elder User
Ford51, I like your suggestion. A volunteer, how cool.

Tom

Old 04-12-2005, 06:27 PM
ColtM4
Elder User
assuming they are riding rubber tired vehicles, why not spike strips? Or Barbed wire fence or my favorite a combination of both barbed wire and razor wire.

Old 04-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Schmids4.9l
Posting Guru
1. i have a better idea than the attack dog thing. put targets all over the place, i mean all over the place, like human, life size targets, that look real, and hook them up to remote control cars, so they move around. Claim it was an "accident".

2. set bear traps, lots of them, and claim you have bear problems. i dont think i'd even accidentally wonder there if i heard someone lost their leg in a bear trap.

3. interested in bumble bees? make some bee hives, set them around your property line. bees will thrive in these hives, and when these blind people who cant read signs walk past them, they wont be back.

4. grow poison ivy plants and thorn bushes, both really thick, along your property line.

5. if they are on 4 wheelers "spill' A LOT of nails on their paths. what are they gonna do about it?

6. its private property, do whatever you'd like to keep them off... whether they are in the emergency room the next day or not.

Old 04-12-2005, 06:47 PM
websthes
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
call the police. it's private property and you have a shooting range. nobody has any business there.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:06 PM
King Triton
Postmaster

WARNING:TRESPASSERS WILL BE VIOLATED!
Or,you could just quit eating beano!
Ok,seriously,you mentioned that these were kids,between 6 and 13 years old.Not someone I would want to even point a gun at,but a trip to the local school to let the principal in on a rumor about an accident at the shooting range might get some attention.Besides,with all the wacko lawyers out there,no matter what you do,if they get hurt it is going to cost you money.So here is what I would do,I would find out who the biggest kid was and i would give him a job.It would work like this.You buy him a Ballcap and a t-shirt and have Range Safety Officer printed on them.You tell him that you will be shooting on certain days and he is to come over and make sure the range is safe before you start shooting.He goes out,checks the property,you pay him $10 or $20 bucks,and tell him to put the word out to the rest of the kids that if HE catches anybody on range property at any time,it is his job to call the cops and have them arrested.The official looking hat and t-shirt you give him will make him feel important and official like,and when the other kids see him wearing it they will get the idea.Besides,you can have the kid do all sorts of chores to help with the range,such as,cleaning up brass,repairing target holders,cleaning up litter,the prospects are endless,and cheap compared to a lawsuit or 8ft fence!

Old 04-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Schmids4.9l
Posting Guru
oh i forgot they were little kids. Just scare them out then. run around with a shotgun and shoot up in the air with a clown mask on. wear a white suit and pour some red died water all over it, to look like blood. scream your head off and shoot blanks. hell that would scare me!

Quick Reply: What does it take to keep tresspassers off my property?