Modular V10 (6.8l)  

2003 f-250 gale banks power pak

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 11:07 PM
bigdh
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2003 f-250 gale banks power pak

Hi, this is my first post on this site and would like to share this info with you. I have the complete banks system on my 03 and will say what a different! On our on shop dyno we made 34hp and 36 foot pounds of torque at the wheels.The truck is way smoother then stock, and pulls much harder from 2000rpm to 5000 rpm. I gained about 1.5 mpg empty and about 1mpg pulling my 11000 pound trailer.We took out the banks chip and replaced it with the hyper-tech programer,on the 93 ot program we gained other 8 hp and 11 pounds of torque for a total now at 42hp and 47 pounds of torque.

I have got my hands on a new 3valve v-10 and looking at putting the heads on on my truck. As I do my home work on this, this will be a very big job, ford changed a bunch of parts to do this. The pistons are different,the intake is different,t/body,exhaust manifolds,all new wiring, fuel rails" non return" system and so on. We think the best and simplest way is to make this work is to machine plates to bolt the 2v intake to the 3v heads. We can notch the pistons in the block,if the piston is thick enough on the deck. I have ordered one of each from ford for this purpose.I have 20 years in the ford business making and selling parts, racing, and doing strange things like this, If we go forward with this, I plan on doing some flow bench work on the 2v and the 3v heads, and some porting on the 3v head.If this works out we will tool up to build the plates for other people who would like to do this.

Old 04-09-2005, 07:36 AM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome to FTE bigdh

There are folks here who would like to see the dyno sheets... gaining HP and torque is easy to do. WHERE in the rpm band the gains come on is very important to us towing and hauling folks. As is the total cost of the gains.

Good luck on the "adapters" However I want to add that I believe the 3 valve head is NOT the way Ford made all the extra ponies...It is just one part of a complete new set of flow dynamics. You want/need the new intake also as it has a computer controlled variable volume plenum inside it.

Old 04-09-2005, 09:53 AM
bigdh
New User
Smile 3valve head on on 2valve motor

I think you are right on the fact that the power gain is not only in the heads but other parts also. But working with the 3 valve head on the 5.4 it is clear that the biggest gain is in the heads.The new chamber and the relocated spark plug will promote a cleaner and more efficient combustion also.I also will do some flow bench work to compare them to the two valve,I think this is where we will see some gains,as a side note: Ford racing is coming out with a header for the 3valve head,Yes the intake on the 3 valve is a short-long runner design that Iam sure will make a little more torque down low over the 2valve piece,but the peak numbers who knows? also the t/body on the 3valve has larger bores,the injectors are larger,checking on these with ford, they are black in color, also checking on the mass air meter.I guess my goal would be if I could pick up 25 to 30hp and about the same amount of torque in the whole power range at the wheels this would be worth it to me.As for my gale banks kit and dyno numbers,just go to banks web site and find the sport truck primedia 10/04 heading and click there, that is my truck that they used,and all the numbers are there. We dynoed it before and after on our own dyno and the numbers are pretty close there's being a little lower then our's.I installed the Hyprtech programer after I got the truck back,so there numbers won't show that.I will try and get my own dyno info but i have sold the company and moved to Az.But I will tell you the big gains are from below 2500rpm to 4000rpm.Thanks for the info if you can help me anymore with this that would be great!

Old 04-09-2005, 01:28 PM
race8x98
Freshman User
You sound like an energetic dude. You might want to find a 05 engine from a totaled truck, that way you will end with 2 complete engines. Will the transmissions bolt up?

Old 04-09-2005, 03:56 PM
bigdh
New User
Smile 3valve head to 2 valve motor

I do have a complete 3valve motor, but the computer and all the wiring is so different that this would be a complete rewire of the truck, Even the t/body is wire controled, the 2 stage intake,althought this could be made to work with a rpm switch,there is no air control motor for the t/body,vac lines on the intake are all different, this is why I think putting the 2 valve intake on is the simplest way to go. The blocks are the same, so I would think any trans that bolts to the 2v would work on the 3v.