Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Changed fuel filter on my 95 f150 w/ 300 cubes of godness

Old 04-09-2005, 06:59 AM
Kista20
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Changed fuel filter on my 95 f150 w/ 300 cubes of godness

Just did the fuel filter on my truck yesterday after work. It wasn't too bad of a job but those lines were stuck pretty good, I used the plastic disconnect tool which worked very well. I did the rear one and didn't get it to budge much then I went to the front one and got that loose but when I did both came loose. I wore my saftey glasses but nothing got near my face. Also before I started I found the fuel trip button and set that and tried to start it a few times to clear the lines. All in all went pretty good just a little messy and dangerous. It looked pretty bad and I might do it again after couple thousand miles, they say if your tanks nasty inside it can clog up the new filter. Although I will say it must've been really bad because I notice that the throttle response is better now and gets up to speed better when I get down on it. I'm trying to find ways to get better mpg and here is what I've done... new plugs, wires, cap, button, ignition coil, air filter, pcv valve, and now the fuel filter. And up to this point nothing has helped and it still sucks. When I first bought it a year ago I was getting 14-16 mpg but the last couple months I'm getting 10 almost every single time. It's not fun when you get 200 miles from a 18-19 gallon tank. So needless to say I've been driving my honda around a lot more. With the way gas prices are the truck can just sit unless I need it.

Old 04-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would search the Inline 6 forums to see what they say about fuel mileage. I'm no expert, but pull the codes, and see if you have any bad sensors. Also, you haven't changed your driving habit any? I personally never expect good mileage out of a truck, I'm just happy I have to fill mine up only once a week. The way I see it, keeping my truck full is still ALOT cheaper than a truck payment for a vehicle that gets 6-7 mpg better, on top of what it still costs to fill a new one up

Old 04-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Kista20
Elder User
I just figured I'd post here to help the va chapter out. I wasn't really asking any questions, just the status of all the work I've had done just me getting some stress out, oh and also a little complaining about gas prices and I'm still wondering when it's going to slow down. But anyways any input from you guys is more than greatly appreciated

Old 04-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear yah about gas prices, I just picked up a 78 F250 with a 460 But the gas is gonna kill me. I think I can seriously consider public trans. or even a bike for short trips. . . But the only solution I can think of right now would be to put in a bigger gas tank

Aye, and the help is always appreciated. Alittle chapter chatter is always a good thing

Old 04-11-2005, 06:49 AM
Kista20
Elder User
I went to this one station with dad one day and we filled up his truck, then I went back to the same one to get gas for my fourwheeler after work and it had jumped 6 cents in like 4 hours. I was just comparing the 87 price. but I use 93 in my bike and fourwheeler. I could get a bike and ride to work, it's only a 5 min. drive there, a lot of days my vehicle just sits all day but then some I'll need my vehicle either to go out to lunch, deliver something or to pick up something. The car gets 35-40 mpg which is great. I'm gonna drive that more and save some money then I'll take my truck and get the brakes and the exhaust looked at. I would like to get a new exhaust on there anyhow, sure would sound better.

Search this Thread