2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know how everyone feels now

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 09:13 AM
srq
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E brake causing my vibe

Mine also has started to vibrate really bad at times, so bad the windshield wipers bounced off the glass, it turned out to be my drivers side emergency brake was, hanging up and dragging slightly intermittently and when it heated up the vibe got worse. If this happening, feel the heat difference on both rear disc, be careful, it will be exemely hot to the touch on the one that is dragging.
I also had my tires rebalanced and it fixed a 50-60mph small vibe
Good luck

Old 04-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Beefford
Senior User
i am not talking about a small vibration. the truck felt like it had flat spots on all 4 tires, but it doesn't do it all the time, and i cannot pin point when and for what reason it does. i am ford truck to the bone, but i am starting to think i should've kept my 03 - a solid truck.

Old 04-01-2005, 06:41 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See if it is speed dependant. It sounds like your tires are starting to go. It might be worth it to have them balanced/road force balanced. I think you just have crappy tires. Ford didnt extend their tire warranty an additional two years for nothing......

Old 04-01-2005, 08:00 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
One ounce out of balance on one wheel and the truck can shake so bad at 55 mph you would swear you were on a 'washboard' road.

Chris

Old 04-01-2005, 08:19 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisAdams
This trucks are VERY sensitive machines. I have read of guys who have gotten mud on the tires being shaken off the road. One guy had run over a tire weight and got it stuck in his Rugged Trails, and was almost bounced off the road.
If these trucks are that sensitive to little things like that then I definatly will not be trading the wifes Bronco off on one, had been thinking about it but if they are that bad Ford has a MAJOR suspention defect, adn I wouldn't endanger my family by owning one, sorry everything I own is a ford 4x4, and probably will stay that way (unless my wife talks me into the new mustang ), I had problems with my 95 F150 that almost made me buy a dodge, but finally forgave them, but one ot hte problems was in the front radius arms, and was a problem Ford had known about for 14yrs, and wouldn't fix it ($6 I know that is alot spread over as many trucks as they make but whats my life worth) in any case when hitting the brakes at 55mph it made a hard left into oncoming traffic missed a guy in a mini van by 1" luckily he was alert, and put it in the ditch to avoid me no damage, and he was able to drive out, but he was understandably mad, when I went to ford they told they couldn't find any problem (even though they had multiple service bullitens about that very problem) when I took the service manager for a ride, and told him to watch I would hold the wheel perfectly straight, and did a panic stop on a divided hwy from 65, looped the truck 3 times through the mediam,and ended up in oncoming lanes (I made sure nothing was coming) they fixed it, and this really sounds like the same type of thing. Sorry for the rant but when they KNOW they have a problem, and won't do anything about it I get really mad, since it almost killed me, and my wife.

Old 04-02-2005, 11:53 AM
Toreador
Elder User
Originally Posted by Glenn Jenne
You all got me worried now, just went over 750 miles. No problems yet!
The title of this thread is misleading, Glenn. The vast majority of owners here do not have a vibration problem. That's not to say none of us will develop it. But if you use this forum and do intense research, my bet is most can be solved (of the small % that do get the vibes). And for the small few that can't be, well every model will have total lemons.

Old 05-03-2005, 03:51 PM
neveragainaford
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Toreador
The title of this thread is misleading, Glenn. The vast majority of owners here do not have a vibration problem. That's not to say none of us will develop it. But if you use this forum and do intense research, my bet is most can be solved (of the small % that do get the vibes). And for the small few that can't be, well every model will have total lemons.
I would have bought this explaination @ 250 miles but now @ 6000 and the problems I have had and the new ones that keep appearing weekly no way. I have had a new issue appear with my truck 04 4x4 screw lariat. I log onto to this website and do the searchs eg: rearend whine, shudder, vibration, engine knock, and the list goes on and have found eveyone of the problems to be common enough to this model that I have been able to get a read from others in this forum. Every problem appears to be inherent to a great % of these trucks. At whatever the % of these trucks with these specific problems their is enough of them to represent all the issues I have encountered. Think about this, this forum is only a small % of the actual buyers. Fleet sales and people who just don't recognise problems for what they are may not even be complaining about their purchase. When you add up the #'s it equates to design problems and rush to market issues. After all of these problems I am just not buying the fact that it is a few lemons. Even after all the frustrations with this truck is not a lemon these are not issues of lemon hood but bad design.

Old 05-03-2005, 04:20 PM
mlazuka
Junior User
everytime I decide that Im gonna go for it and get the Ford, I read a thread like this and it scares me right back into my Honda.

Old 05-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Powerdude
Elder User
mlazuka, that is why the internet and forums like these are VERY great to have.

Information is power.

When enough people are informed, and DO something with the information they have, it prevents governments, corporations, and do-no-gooders from taking advantage of the little guy.

So keep on talking about the good things, and the bad things, because in the end, the truth shall come out.

It is simply a matter of time. We can learn from other people's mistakes and problems and change things, hopefully for the better.

Whether somebody likes their truck or hates it, it is beneficial for everybody to know, either way.

Old 05-03-2005, 07:32 PM
SuperCrewDude
Senior User
Originally Posted by mlazuka
everytime I decide that Im gonna go for it and get the Ford, I read a thread like this and it scares me right back into my Honda.
Ewwwww, a Honda.

I can understand though, it's a big purchase. My 04 Screw has been nothing but a pleasure so far. There are alot of trucks out there that don't have any problems. If this were something so huge that it was affecting the vast majority of these trucks, you'd hear it on the news. They love to broadcast recalls/problems that our American automakers have.

It's certain that some owners will come across problems. If these darn dealers would treat the ones having big problems better it would lessen the anger with the vehicle. An arrogant dealer ticks me off more than a problem with my vehicle. As long as they handle it right I can look past it.

Good luck deciding. I give my truck a great big....

Old 05-03-2005, 08:15 PM
osbornk
Postmaster
If you believe everything you read in this forum or any other forum of any brand, you would never buy anything. Some people do have legitimate problems but how do you know which ones? I can go to forums of other brands and hear very similar complaints with similar phrasing and wonder if some high school kid or someone wlse with nothing better to do has snapped a pictures of several trucks somewhere and starts posting to see how much they can stir up. I don't believe what I read in the papers anymore. For example, last week the AP reported on the slaughter of baby seals. "The ocean ran red with blood after they were clubbed....". The only problem was the hunt had been postphoned and never happened. The reporter stated that the piece had been prewritten and it was published in error. TRUTH??????????????

Old 05-04-2005, 01:06 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperCrewDude
. If these darn dealers would treat the ones having big problems better it would lessen the anger with the vehicle. An arrogant dealer ticks me off more than a problem with my vehicle. As long as they handle it right I can look past it.
THAT right there is probably one of the most true statements I have seen anywhere, when I had the trans problem on my 95 (at 75 miles) and took it back to the dealer without even looking at it the service manager told me there was no problem, and since I had bought the truck it was my problem, and lastly that I didn't know what I was talking about (I am an ASE certified master auto tech, and I then pointed out that not one of his techs in tht shop was master certified) his response to that was to ask me where I worked and I told him which he responded with well thats a chevy dealer, and since I worked on chevies I didn't know squat about fords, and they weren't gonna look at it. He then proceeded to put it onto fords computor system that I was a trouble maker, and made it so I couldn't even get another dealer to look at the truck for almost a year until the trans got so bad it wouldn't even shift, it almost made me never buy another Ford again, and I will say that dealer has never seen my face again nor will they, and I will tell anyone that even mentions Gabus ford to me about it every chance I get.
For those of you that are service managers out there don't tell a customer they don't know nothing even if you think it you can cost your boss a lot of money in this case I know I have cost Charles Gabus ford over $300,000 in lost sales because of a really bad service mananger.

Old 05-04-2005, 10:44 AM
neveragainaford
Freshman User
osbornk & monsterbaby & SuperSrewDude:

Powerdude has it right it is information open and public can't be shut down or swept under the rug. Hindsight is 20/20 if I had know their was an FTE Forum of Enthusiasts available to gather info I would have done myself a service. I read and believed the printed word about F150 redesign and believed that in todays world of high tec and better production methods issues would be minimized. Printed word is proaganda what is posted is real life for the most part. If you read and see that the words are intelligent and questioning pretty good chance it is someone on the other end suffering through an expierience that is real. My thoughts.

P.S. Maybe their should be proof of ownership to attend this forum. I don't have a problem with that. Maybe dealer invoice for repairs with last name addresses phone #'s taken out or some such thing.

Old 05-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Toreador
Elder User
Mlazuka, if you were to find a Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, etc forum, you'd probably never buy any vehicle. Part of these forums are for those that are having problems and all vehicles have their fair share. My suggestion has always been for a person to test drive all the models and decide for themselves. Don't be a "brand loyalist". I drove both the Chevy and Dodge and did research before deciding on the Ford. Had Dodge or Chevy the better product at that point I'd be in their forums right now. I truely believe the % of these Fords having the vibe problem is very small or there would be a huge media blitz about it. Around my city these trucks are multiplying like rabbits. So, go read the other forums for several days, and go test drive all the top truck models then you decide. Don't let an internet forum make the decision for you.

Old 05-04-2005, 11:49 AM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Thumbs up

Forums are a great resource, as are user reviews like you find at Edmunds. The trick is to toss out the top 10% who are having a love affair with their truck, and the bottom 10% who are usually motivated by other considerations.

Read them all, and if most of the remaining 80% of the folks are happy, you are in good hands.

Some people are haters, they hate their truck, they hate each other, whatever.
Some are just easy going, and would 'understand' that the engine blew, transmission slips, etc. without a complaint.

So ignore em. Watch for the guys in the middle. If they ain't happy, you won't be happy.

Chris

Osbornk, yeah, good point.
All my personal experience with reporting adds up to 'if the MSM says it, it's probably not true'.

Quick Reply: I know how everyone feels now