2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration fix??? At least for me

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 08:18 AM
Seven4t8
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration fix??? At least for me

I have a 04 Lariat Scab, Black/tan 5.4. I have 14k miles and just within the last 5k miles started experiencing the vibration in the front end. I also started hearing the rear end chatter when making a left turn. Just got my truck back from a 3 day tour at the dealership and WOW what a difference. The rear end chatter they replaced the clutch packs and works great. When I talked to him about the vibration, they did notice this in a test drive and did a "road force ballance". I cannot beleive that this fixed the front end vibration problem completly. I am not sure the details on what a road force ballance is but It drives the way it did the day I bought it. So, you guys with the vibration issue - talk to your dealer about this road force balance, it worked for me. Good Luck!

Old 03-27-2005, 04:16 PM
akford150
Freshman User
Talking Same here!

I have the vibration and wheel shimmy issue last year shortly after buying the truck. I had a small lift done on the front end and thought that might have caused the new problem. Had the dealer check alignment after the lift installed and they did adjust the toe-in some. Also asked them to check my wheel balance because I had a new wheel shimmy problem at 60 mph. The checked the balance on some old balance machine and said they are ok now. It was a little better but still had some shimmy at 60 mph. Took it to another tire store and had them rebalance them for $35.00 and they said they were out a little and added some more weights. Still had a wheel shimmy at 60 mph. Finally took it back to the dealer and told them to figure out what the heck is wrong with the front end. They hooked a laptop and sensors all over the truck and drove it 30+ miles. The program pointed to a bad rear end. I had my doubts that was affecting the front end but they said they needed to change it. They ordered a new rear end and took 3 weeks to get here. In the mean time I found out about a super machine to balance wheels. It is made by a company called Hunter. I found a tire dealer in town that had one from their Hunter website. Took the truck down to them and explained the problem. They did the computer balance gig and gave me the truck back. Problem fixed!! No more vibration or shimmy at any speed. I took the truck bad to ford for the rear end change anyway. Everything has been ok since then.

Old 03-27-2005, 10:48 PM
J Jones
Junior User
I had mine in the shop 4 times in the first year for vibration while driving and while brakeing. After getting 2 new front rotors, replacing the factory Continentals with Michelins (road force balanced) and a new aluminum driveshaft, I have been vibration free for 3 months and 4k miles. Now that my problems are fixed, I couldn't be happier with an otherwise great vehicle.