2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife Vs. Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 06:36 PM
hooknbook
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wife Vs. Truck?

I purchsed a 2004 F-150 Lariat all black with black leather captain chairs. Well the other day i was getting off of graveyard shift. I told the wife i was going to wash the truck when i got home. See i take the wifes car on the weekends to save the mileage on the truck. Anyways, i get home and i see the truck sitting outside and the wife is edging the grass. I could tell by the look on her face something wasn't right. I opened the door and asked what's wrong? The wife said the truck! As i gasped to breath i thought maybe she had hit something backing it out of the driveway.

Then she said the dog? (I have a 4-year old 124 pound german sheperd who loves to go for rides in the back of the bed.) See she let the dog out of the backyard while cutting the grass, but when she fired up the blower the dog went into the backyard. She backs the truck out of the garage, and leaves it in the driveway "so I could wash it when I got home"! The dog came from the backyard and saw the truck in the driveway, probably thought he was going for a ride. Anyways the dog went bezerk and started jumping on the tailgate while it was still up. I just about blew a fuse. First I blamed it on the wife and then I blamed it on the dog. See i don't really let or like to let the wife drive the truck, it scares the hell out of me.

Once in a while she'll ask to drive the truck and i'll say why? She tells me she hates the truck, but i seem to take care of my vehicles better than her. I watched her destroy a brand new mustang. Well the scratches didn't come out but there alot less noticible than before, but i managed to talk the wife into getting the truck detailed. A budy of mine let his wife take his truck to Home Depot and she came home with scratces on it.

Granted it wasn't the wifes faults in both storys, but what should i do, maybe i'll let her sit in the truck in the driveway with the radio on and the windows down and let her pretend she's driving it.

Old 03-23-2005, 06:52 PM
WildThing327
Junior User
that would drive me nuts, I don't even let my girlfriend drive my 05 f-150 she loves the truck and i wont even let her sit in the drivers seat, i treat my cars, and trucks like there my baby, If i see a dent or a scratch i flip! lol

Old 03-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Smile

Oh, it's just (expensive) sheet metal.I don't know your circumstances, but I doubt it is worth jeopardizing your marriage over.Just Be Cool! PS My wife has never driven my truck!I like it that way!

Old 03-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Mr. Bill No. Mn
Freshman User
Its not the wifes fault and not the dogs fault. You said it. Its your fault for letting the dog ride with you.
Let the wife drive the truck and leave the dog home. he he Glad I`m not in your shoes.lol

Old 03-23-2005, 07:39 PM
subliminaldanger
Elder User
Glad my dog cant even scratch up the rims... I love dauchuands.

Old 03-23-2005, 07:44 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Trucks come, trucks go. A wife should be forever.
I overeacted once when my wife dinged my new Ranchero. She's been afraid of marking one of my cars ever since, and as has been said, it's just sheet metal.
Chris

Old 03-23-2005, 10:15 PM
JohnBoy2
Senior User
Hey Guys,

I definitely know how it is. My wife sent me this picture while I was in Iraq.

[IMG][IMG]D:\Anni.jpg[IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-23-2005, 11:15 PM
fordcanucktruck
Freshman User
Why not just drive the truck... a few miles is better than a few scratches...

Old 03-24-2005, 12:31 AM
Birdhunter1
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Trucks will get scratched.

I let my girlfriend drive mine the other day when we went to her dads, she was so excited. She's got a Honda Accord and ain't use to "real" power.

Old 03-24-2005, 12:35 AM
Racerguy
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
JohnBoy2 to post a picture here you have to have it on a website. You can click on User CP near the top of the page and create your own gallery with pics of your truck.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:02 AM
m350
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh man hooknbook ,,I feel your pain,,I can recall,,15 or so yrs ago,,driving my old mans brand new F-150, he always had to have his "Dirty Dummy" (dog) with him,,muddy or not,,in the truck ,,on the seat, . But the best part,,,going to someones house,,dog in the truck,,,people have dogs loose ,,they see each other,, ,, dogs outside jumping on the doors,,scratching the paint all to hell,,dog inside going nuts,,,AHHH,, I had Dirty dummies all my life,,when my last one passed on about 4 yrs ago,,thats it,,no,more pets !!

Later,,,,,,,,,,,Mark

Old 03-24-2005, 04:48 AM
Curveman
Junior User
I let my girlfriend drive mine the first weekend after I bought it, a friend also. It's a TRUCK! Showing someone you love them, that they matter more, and giving them the thrill is so much more important than clinging to something material like that! Now, I do wash and wax my truck and try to avoid scratches if I can by parking it well etc. but I also take it hunting etc. Experience, LIFE matters more. When the doc tells you you have three months to live one day, are you going to spend it worrying about some scratches?! I prefer the sheer joy of using a truck like a truck in any case.

Old 03-24-2005, 06:40 AM
Birdhunter1
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
I let my 14 year old cousin, my sister (9 years older than me), my 9 year old nephew, my mom, and my best freind all drive it the first day. My dad drove it when I got it, he as my salesman. Within a week most of all of my friends had driven it. My girlfriend drove it last weekend, I got the truck back in July but got her a few months ago, se never wanted to drive it till last week and I let her. Kind of a turn on to be honest.

Old 03-24-2005, 07:24 AM
toypuller
Senior User
Try this:

Go find a muddy road or field, one that you won't get stuck in or can get out of once you are stuck.

Put it in 4 wheel drive and pull right up to the last dry place to walk. Rev the engine a couple of times then look over at your wife and "here, you try it".

Let her get it as dirty as she can, run around in 4WD for a little while, slip, slide and spin the tires. Take it home and wash it up while keeping a smile on your face the whole time.

The cheapest marrige therapy you can find. I can remember my wife driving my 96 F-150 down some seriously muddy logging roads in Maine many years ago, she has never forgotten it.

Learn to live with both sides of your personality. Keep your truck imaculate-clean. shiny, waxed and spray those tires! Then take it out and get some dirt on it every now and then. I know people that have 4WD trucks that won't drive them in the snow. They keep winter beaters just for that.

Old 03-24-2005, 04:17 PM
ctfordguy
Elder User
I love my truck and take my dog with me all the time, but my dog knows better than to jump up on anything, people or truck. As for the wife part she did not really want to drive the truck as it is just to big, but her first ride in my new 05 Mustang, she drove, and that does alot for keeping her happy.

Quick Reply: Wife Vs. Truck?