whipple my six

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 07:54 PM
dijera
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whipple my six

So I have searched the threads before asking this question. I see talk about turbos and what not, but what I really want to do is to put a whipple type sc on my 300. I am planning a full build up for a bronco '84. I plan on using clifford's rebuild kit and rods. I want to run a holley thinking of truck avenger for offroadability I have heard they are coming out with a 470cfm. I think that would suit my purpose maybe 600cfm? my main question has to do with fitment issues, I know I will have to contact manufacturers in the future but does anyone know if whipple makes a supercharger that will bolt right onto a 4bbl manifold? since that is really the only option I see for manifolds. Also, is front end clearance going to be an issue? the six is really long. the reason I want to go this way is that I want full boost off idle, and don't really care about running high rpms I see myself doing more rock crawling than drag racing. is this feasable? any recomendations would be welcome. thanks

Old 03-21-2005, 02:12 PM
wamsleyb
Freshman User
I think you will run into an issue with the snout not being long enough to reach the belt line. You may have to devise a driveshaft for it to spin the SC. You will also have to decide if this will be a blow though or pull though setup when it comes to your carb. The best you can do is to contact the manufacturers or go to a custom shop to have it done, remember money can make anything happen!!

Brian

Old 03-21-2005, 05:21 PM
F150daniel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can get different length snouts from whipple.

Old 03-21-2005, 09:31 PM
dijera
Freshman User
it is a really long way from the carb to the pulleys but they do make a snout up to just over 11" long. I have contacted whipple but have not recieved an answer yet. anywhere else I might try for some tech info?I am thinking draw through I know they make a s/c that will mount a 4bbl on top but most applications are for V8s and or fuel injection and include a new manifold or tubing or what ever. I am sure there are alot of guys thinking WHY? BECAUSE! I love straight 6s,and think it would be pretty cool and probably reliable as long as I dont get carried away. Any opinions?