General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Edgar Cayce/Atlantis current day thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Edgar Cayce/Atlantis current day thoughts

The global warming trend is a reality - I knew (second hand) someone involved in it. "DOC" - but was never directly introduced. Studies served to verify that it is the truth.

The polar caps are reducing - therefore the oceans are gaining volume.

The temperature of the earth as a whole is rising as the ice is reduced.

Bluntly (he says drily) expect higher than normal winds...

Our atmosphere is thicker (heavier).

But Edgar Cayce was read as stating that Ocean levels would drop, right around this time. How so? If the heating effect were raising the surf level?

That "Relics of the Atlanteum time" would be discovered in this day and age...

By the way :

Anyone here who listens to AM Coast to Coast, good to hear from you! I do too, but I discount it.

So how does a rise in the temp overall cause the oceans to lower? (in accordance with Cayce)

I don't see how it can...

Puzzle....

NOTES: I have read a number of the E Cayce books, and I have seen interesting ideas in them. Some make sence, some call for a reach of faith...
I don't expect anyone else to go there, it ain't required. (He says - drily)

This is a COMPLETELY off the map discussion - don't feel that you have face to lose by contributing to it. The stuff that EC had to say people are still sifting through, but so far - it has been on the mark for the most part.

Your thoughts and comments (pro or con) are acceptable
It's an honest endeavor

~Wolf

Last edited by Greywolf; 03-11-2005 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Country Sweetie
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand all that,and some of those peoples reasonings....

Old 03-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I don't get it either - and that's what bugs me...

Old 03-11-2005, 07:28 PM
King Triton
Postmaster

When it comes to Global warming,I dont know who to believe anymore.For instance,one set of scientists state that that emissions from the transportation industry are eating away the ozone.Then another group of scientists comes along and says that the volcanos in the ocean produce more pollution per day then man ever could.Plus on top of that,I observe what is happening around me like,the fact that the great lakes are lower than normal,and the fact that last year it seemed like summer here in Michigan lasted for about an hour and a half.Another example would be that one group said it was R-12 causing the ozone depletion,and another group comes along and says that it is not possible because R-12 is heavier that air.

Old 03-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Lobbiests - CHEE!

If they had the answers, why would they be standing in the LOBBY?

EDIT:

I don't have much in the way of answers.

But I have a lot of questions

Old 03-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
IMO,
It's called: We don't want to lose our funding !

I believe the scientists that mention the Natural actions of a huge mass rotating, revolving in a small point of a galaxy.

Anything to do with *Vehicle emissions as the problem* is considered Funding Theories

Old 03-11-2005, 08:33 PM
924x2150
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The gov't just tightened emissions standards for fossil-fuel burning power plants on the east coast. That is a bad sign...if the government is responding to an impending problem, it must be serious.

I have heard several reports that global warming may change the direction and course of the gulf stream, which would make the US east coast seem like Siberia in the winter. Oooy-Vay!

Old 03-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Jerry Gougeon
Elder User
Greywolf : I have also read all of the books compiled by Cayce's daughter from the readings he done while alive . I found the one on Religion to be the most interesting and his readings on Jesus and others from his time.

This was also when he done the readings which told where The Dead Sea Scrolls could be found but no one believing he was any more than a crack pot while he was alive ,went looking untill they were discovered exactly where he had predicted they would be 30 years earlier, by two children by accident .

It is hard to peg the time frame he was looking forward to in any of his readings and he also related from one reading in his future that he was flying over the Central USA and the Gulf Of Mexico covered over 1/3 of the central mass we now know as Terra Firma.

Very interesting man in his own right and even when his readings did not fall in line with his beliefs as a God fearing man and Sunday School teacher , he would not alter what the readings depicted ,or could not maybe .

A simple man who was a linetype printer at work and carried on a seemingly normal lifestyle in his everyday activities but had the ability to access knowledge from somewhere that allowed him to cure disease,see into the future to some degree,give medical advice for most ailments that seemed obscure but usually worked , but only when in his trance like state .

The information and knowledge that was obtained by him in these readings as he called them never altered his beliefs as a regular man in his daily life .

He would never accept any monitory gain directly for his readings and stated he had been bestowed with a gift by the Lord that he knew little about and did not feel he was owed anything for sharing this gift , even though his daughter stated that they seemed to take a great deal from him and he did pass at a fairly young age .

Too bad everyone was so sceptical while he was with us because he did not quite fit societies mold and we may have discovered more than could be guaged from his ability . Things do not change much in my opinion in this respect and if Jesus returned the political leaders of the day would probably string him up again as well .

Old 03-12-2005, 10:03 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"Global warming" is the latest scare tactic as far as I'm concerned...
and like Mil1ion said.... the latest research fund raising subject....

Just as ANY natural - truly natural - thing.... temps run in cycles...
just like the microcosm of a day...
some parts of a day are warmer, and some parts of it are cooler... so is the year, so is the decade, so is the century, etc... etc...

Old 03-12-2005, 11:56 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
What bugs me though - is that with all the other predictions coming out to be "on target" - how can a rising sea level result in the events he predicted?

If (for the moment) we abandon science except to reconcile the results that EC predicted in his readings, - what then would be necessary in order for the outcome he set down to come to be?

1) What was left of Atlantis would resurface from the depths -
From what we have (even if scoffed at) a major part of it is under the atlantic ocean, much of it in the vicinity of the Carribean.

2) Virginia Beach Virginia was one of the few (if any) places survivable, or at least the most stable one.

Those two points seem to me to point more or less directly at a prediction of a geographic/geothermic upheaval centered in or around the eastern seaboard and likely points southward. It seems to me that if virginia (or at least the VB area of it) was 'safe', then it must be the epicenter of a level flat area, or that it will not be affected much...
A general "BULGE" upward.

I don't know what to make of it. But it does interest me, since so much else rang true. What if it's right?

How can we interpret the clues we are given, even if the scientific community will have nothing to do with the subject?

I would think though, that it cannot be a cataclysmic event. Landmasses don't rise and fall (at least in modern experience) in a night and a day.

~Wolf (still puzzling over it)

Last edited by Greywolf; 03-12-2005 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Jerry Gougeon
Elder User
Greywolf: One must remember when comparing the results of modern sciences studies and results in any area , be it Global Warming or the Weather Changes
and increase in natural disasters etc. that we have only been recording the activity of the globe with any serious effort for a little over a hundred years and are not comparing the results of the history of the earths changes over the past eons that we can now determine with carbon testing and other means .

We seem to forget that the earth was here growing and changing just like any other living entity for millions of years before the period it has been occupied by man and has been totally re-formed more times than even we can record so far . Man seems to always place far more signifigance to the time we have been here and holding the position at the top of the food chain than it warrants when it represents less than a blink of the eye in the earth's history .

I have a magnetic sticker on the fridge to remind me of these facts that says
"In A Million Years None Of It Will Matter". Global Warming,The Whales,Cod Fish Or Salmon,The Seal Hunt,Or Humans. In the long run it will all change and any efforts we make will be insignifigant when one looks outside those little Goobermint Funded Studies and Science Projects you refered to and has a realistic view of the long range big picture .

Just as all the pollution control features that have been placed on our vehicles produces results for fuel consumption and milage when tested under
perfect ambient temperatures and in a warmed up condition in a lab on rollers at less than posted speed limits, under actual driving conditions a new truck
like mine gets around 4 mpg less milage when actually tested with a 5 Gal. can and a calculator . Who is creating more smog when the newer ones are usually driven 15 to 20 over the posted limit any way .

They have a whole generation now convinced that 19 or 20 mpg with a Honda Civic,which is what they are actually getting when tested under driving conditions , is good milage . They have not been around long enough to realize that the wife's full size 84 Olds '98 - 307 cu in or her '86 Chrysler 5th Ave. 318 she drives now both get 27 mpg on the highway with no pollution control devices on board .

Just one example of the effort wasted on these philosophies when one active volcano puts more SO 2 into the atmosphere in a week than we produce with cars in a year .

Given the facts that the globe has been in a relative dormant state in this relation for over 80 years of the period we have recorded and base our conclusions on I'm sure will will see some far more noticable changes yet even in our lifetime .

I have never paid much heed to the activist groups with too much time on their hands that would propose saving all that we now know as home when it is going to change regardless of how much noise they make . Now a plan to feed the inhabitants of the planet with the food we control and throw away
would strike me as a worth while cause it would undoubtably throw the world into political turmoil so is not likley to happen any time soon .

Futality,Pure Futality :...

Old 03-13-2005, 03:57 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
I'm not really into the whole "save the planet" mentality... on the other hand I don't go out and club baby seals to make seat covers either. If the globe gets warmer.. humans and animals will adapt.. or die. If humans die then some other creature will be the dominant lifeform on the planet. But any major change will take time, and won't happen in my time, or my kids, or my great great geat grandkids lifetime either. To think that we can change the world, or even that the end of the world will happen in our conceivable future is in reality a pretty vain concept.
Having said that - it all is very interesting to think about.

Besides we all know Atlantis is on the other side of the Stargate the goobermint keeps in Chyanne Mountain. :-)

Old 03-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
What is happening to weather patterns? I have some interesting perspectives on it, from various people.

Has anyone seen anything unusual? Stuff that is different? That doesn't match the patterns of days gone by...

Unseasonable hail, rain, or snow?

Cold weather drifts that don't look like anything the weather caster has reported before...

Did you know that there was a crime wave in the US just after New Year? (Stats went up ten percent) This is being attributed to economic indicators. I don't know if this is correlatable to the topic at hand, but it is interesting.

In march of this year - a strange weather pattern appeared:

A cold weather front was squeezed between the east and west coast by a pair of hot fronts, which sustained a cold layer in the middle of the USA.

If we are seeing such changes in our area - is there somewhere else that is experiencing BENEFICIAL weather patterns? It ain't China - they're being flooded out! There's so much rain landing on China right now - it's flooding out (second hand info). The Yangtze river is a river like the Nile and Amazon - it sent ten million people running for the high ground!

So who benefits?

India and Africa are having an inordinate amount of pestilence (disease, etc...).

Among native american traditions - ceremonies are on the increase, in order to save the earth.

Q: Has anyone noticed double or triple rainbows? This can be caused by different types of precipitation occurring at the same time (cloud, rain, ice/or hail)

It is possible that people can sense major changes about to happen...

But what is this that is happening?

(much of this is consequent to a conversation with my wife)
Has anyone seen a strangely red or silver moon? That changed really fast, from one to the other?

(Quoting Toni Anne:) "I saw a lot of airborne early warning or weather aircraft that had streamers behind them - lots and lots of contrail. But the weird part was hot air balloons - the weather kind. That was right after the tsunami... They were located mostly in the Arizona/New Mexico area, Arkansas and Oklahoma. But I was coming across country on route forty.

Dutch - it's kinda like this - it looked normal, until you realize that it's four days after Christmas, and a few days until New Years. Who the heck does OPS at that time of year? OKAY - What are they looking for?
It made a peculiar cross pattern - it was wierd..."(unquote)

Hmmm...

~Wolf

Last edited by Greywolf; 03-21-2005 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:53 PM
kcknwlf
New User
we must remember Rome in its day was one of the greatest civilizations in recorded history.We to this day still use the system of laws they created for the basis of our legal system.Our own United States government is modeled after theirs.Where are those people now? Gone into dust .......We and our lives and the life of our history is nothing but one tiny drop in the bucket of millenia.If there ever was a civilization called Antlantis .It is so far gone in the depths of time ,it is only remembered thru creation myths.It is a very great possibility that we will go the same way.and a millenia from now someone will find the relics of our great civilization and pause and wonder who we were also........