Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

D/FW 1966 Parts truck, dang near free, well ok some parts free! No joke.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Darren M.
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D/FW 1966 Parts truck, dang near free, well ok some parts free! No joke.

Mods, please don't let this thread get kicked. I'm desperately trying to save what I can from a failed project. I've been trying for a few months and have been successful. I just can't stand to see the wrecker haul off good parts just for the crusher!!!
--------------------
As per this classifieds ad I'm | this | close to getting rid of what's left of my truck. It's been in the classifieds for quite some time and I've parted the thing out to just about nothing. That being said the tow truck is getting scheduled for sometime VERY soon. So, I'm offering what's left to anyone that's willing to drive to Mansfield and pick throught the left overs. In a short list I have the following for free:
  • Cab - decent shape, floors are covered w/ sheet metal, crappy job though. You come get this thing off. If I do it I'll charge ya.
  • Rear leaf springs. Again come get em off.
  • Front bumper, bent a bit, painted white. (already off)
  • Rear bumper, previously a "wrap around" style, wraps have been cut. Come take it off.
  • Cab to rear wiring, just the single strand.
  • Doors, gutted but pretty decent shape, no glass or mechanicals.
  • Fenders, outter only, show their age but nothing that can't be fixed.
  • Hub caps, only have 3 and they're hurt'n for some serious TLC. (edit: found the fourth, just as bad.)
  • Front Drums, one's gone the other has some pretty good life left. Get one take the other...
  • Front springs, bring O2 and acy torch.
  • Front F O R D. T bar, <GRILL?>
  • Transmission cross bar.
  • Inner door panels, cut for 6x9 speakers.
  • Master brake cylinder.
Parts I have to have some kind of cash for, even if just pocket change. UNLESS, you take the entire truck then it's all free.
  • Hood, nice shape, just 2 little dings. Make me an offer and I'll probably take it.
  • Rear windshield, HD sticker on it comes w/ no charge.
  • Steering Box.
  • 3 speed steering column.
  • 3 speed pedal assembly.
  • Dash pad. (this looks to be aftermarket and is on VERY good. If you can get it off w/o ripping it it's yours. If you can't you have to take at least 150 lbs of something else.
  • Door stricker plates, you pull em super cheap, I pull em not as super cheap.
  • Faded Custom Cab aluminum pieces from box, fenders, etc. Pull em before some one eles gets the fenders.
I'm located in Mansfield and work from home so I'm here w/ the truck at all times. My email address is stang at indy dot net . Let me know when you can come over. I'll probably be here. (Gone this Saturday though. )

Last edited by Darren M.; 03-10-2005 at 10:05 PM.