2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"My Ford" mag/on-line service records

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 11:22 PM
likalarry
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"My Ford" mag/on-line service records

In case this info hasn't already been posted: I bought a new F150 7 months ago. This week I received a personalized copy of "My Ford" magazine, by Ford, featuring new products, promotions, etc. In it there's a pull-out section from my selling dealer that has coupons, service specials, etc. The thing that caught my eye is the personal password and username assigned to me. With it, I can go to the owners link of www.fordvehicles.com, click on "owners" link, go to "learn more", and then enter my password to access my trucks service history. Every detail of the services performed on my truck is there, including records of what was owed to me (bed liner, etc) at the time of delivery. I'm not sure if my password was generated at the dealer level or not, but it might be worth asking for if you don't have one already. Or maybe your magazine is on the way.
Larry in SF, CA

Old 03-09-2005, 02:52 AM
Dunk
Elder User
I got in through Ford Motor Credit when I setup the electronic monthly payment. Don't even have to think about it, they just get it every month, but I can also access all payments, balance to pay off and work service records.

Did your dealer put in for "fuel credit" on your truck?

Old 03-09-2005, 05:41 AM
bgrover
Senior User
Originally Posted by likalarry
In case this info hasn't already been posted: I bought a new F150 7 months ago. This week I received a personalized copy of "My Ford" magazine, by Ford, featuring new products, promotions, etc. In it there's a pull-out section from my selling dealer that has coupons, service specials, etc. The thing that caught my eye is the personal password and username assigned to me. With it, I can go to the owners link of www.fordvehicles.com, click on "owners" link, go to "learn more", and then enter my password to access my trucks service history. Every detail of the services performed on my truck is there, including records of what was owed to me (bed liner, etc) at the time of delivery. I'm not sure if my password was generated at the dealer level or not, but it might be worth asking for if you don't have one already. Or maybe your magazine is on the way.
Larry in SF, CA
I actually received 2 of the magazine's, both arrived on the same day. One magazine was from the dealer I bought my F350 from and had the superduty on the cover. The other was froom the dealer I bought my Explorer from and it had the Escape on the cover. Different coupons and username passwords as well.

BTW, you do not have to have that username/password from the magazine to use the owners area on Ford's site. Just go there and register. Once registered you can enter the VIN number(s) for your vehicles and access all of the information. The username/password supplied in the magazine is tied to the VIN of the vehicle purchased at the dealer who sent you the magazine.

The service information is uploaded if the dealer decides to do it. I have found some do and some don't. The dealer that I bought my F350 from and have had it serviced there uploads the information so I have the full history on that truck. The dealer I bought my Explorer from and have had it serviced there doesn't seem to upload the information, at least there is no information on the site for the Explorer.

Old 03-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Steenbak
Freshman User
Originally Posted by bgrover
The dealer I bought my Explorer from and have had it serviced there doesn't seem to upload the information, at least there is no information on the site for the Explorer.
My dealer doesn't upload that data either. I've had my ECU reflashed twice and taken it in to have my power rear slider fiexed. The only thing that shows up on my vehicle page is the information that I put in when I change the oil.

Old 03-10-2005, 08:46 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Steenbak
My dealer doesn't upload that data either. I've had my ECU reflashed twice and taken it in to have my power rear slider fiexed. The only thing that shows up on my vehicle page is the information that I put in when I change the oil.
It can take Ford awhile to download some of the repair orders. Check again in a couple months to see if anything has been added.

Old 03-11-2005, 06:22 AM
bgrover
Senior User
Sorry Jeff but it doesn't always happen. My 02 Explorer, purchased Sept 02, other than oil changes has only been serviced by the dealer I bought it from and as of right now there are no service records for it on the myford site. And I have had to have 3 rear ABS sensors replaced on the vehicle along with the routine stuff.