1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

a serious message to the 48-60 forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 10:32 PM
1952henry
Fleet Mechanic
Received 152 Likes on 92 Posts
God bless Cole and your whole family. Wishing Cole the best for a full recovery.

Old 03-14-2005, 05:55 PM
dj53
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey John

Just a note to let you know you and your family are in our prayers.Just your old bud DJ Rosa from up in Richland Washington. Im sorry I missed the whole story with the family but I know just reading your intro things have been rough.I wish you and small Cole a fast recovery. If there is anything you need and I can help please get the word to me as I should be around the FTE site more or (djrosa@msn.com). Hang in there buddy and keep us informed of Coles achievements. Your Friend DJ

Last edited by dj53; 03-14-2005 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:03 AM
F250Rob
Laughing Gas
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
John, my family and I are praying for you and yours. Nothing can make a situation like this 100% right....about the only thing that comes close is your faith, family, and friends. I sincerely hope all three are providing some strength for you.

Rob

Old 03-15-2005, 09:48 AM
Steve Bennett
More Turbo
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
John, I must say that after meeting you at last years Supernats I was looking forward to another visit this year. But on the other hand, I can understand your stepping up for your grandson. You and yours are in our prayers daily. I know I speak for the masses when I say you were already held in high esteem for your F-100 knowledge and the ability to put that knowledge in print, but what you are doing as a father and grandfather at this trying time in your family's life has elevated your status even more. We salute you! May God pour out a special Blessing onyour family. Romans 8:28 always brings comfort in trying times. Later, Steve

Old 03-15-2005, 11:28 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 835 Likes on 473 Posts
Well I'm not the best reader (it took me a long time to read all 4 pages) . All I can say is I wish I had found this place sooner because I love this place and everyone here.

Thinking about Cole and family,
Kevin Bigwin

Old 03-16-2005, 10:54 PM
bigfins
New User
Thumbs up

John,

I don't know you except thruough this forum and your many fine helpful hints and articles I have gleaned along the way, but I surmise that we both have the same kind of personality..a little fun sarcasm etc. I just want to let you know that the outpouring of love here in this forum for you and your family is ABSOLUTELY GRAND!!. May I also offer my prayers and thoughts to you and yours. I have 2 grandsons and know I would "wealk thru fire" for them. So lets keep petioning the Lord above on Cole's behalf and pray for Devine Guidance and direction. Keeo the Faith and trust God in all things!! God Bless!!

Old 03-17-2005, 01:24 PM
grover
Senior User
I don't drop into this forum nearly as often as I need to.
John, I really appreciate the fact you've kept me posted on Cole off-list, and I'm REALLY glad that there are folks like what we have on this list to at least offer you moral support.

Give Cole a hug from the Neighbors family, will you?

Old 03-18-2005, 03:34 PM
hilltopfarms
Junior User
Just a thought before the weekend . . . .

John, how about an update on Cole and his parents? You know we're all thinking about them (and saying a prayer now and then too).

Not to digress here and go off on a tangent, but its good to stop once and awhile to think how lucky we really are to live in America and have the kind of life we'all do. A lot of time is spent on this forum discussing stuff related to our hobby - and it could be easy for some people to come to the conclusion that this group is just a bunch of people only focused on material things.

I had the privledge to work with a bunch of Japanese engineers in the 1980's (from Yokahama and Tokyo). My surprise was that to a person, they thought America was the holy grail of places to live - most of them spent their whole time over here figuring how they could work it to be able to live in America on a semi-permanent basis.

We're all pretty lucky to be able to have a life where we can spend time on our hobby - and most of us won't ever have to face the problems that Cole's family has recently. And not to be a "flag waver", but almost daily some American soldier is dying overseas because our government has sent them there on our behalf. So tonight before I go to sleep, I'll take a moment to think of people like Cole's family and the families of all those soldiers, and appreciate how great I really have it (to some degree, due to the past and present sacrifices of others) - and spend my time in a hobby that has so many really great people!

Now, if the dog just would let me sleep in past sunup.....

Last edited by hilltopfarms; 03-18-2005 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:30 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 715 Likes on 257 Posts
sorry I've neglected you guys...wasn't intentional... just busy out the wazoo

3-11-05 update
the old saying "no news is good news" is certainly true here... there is really not a lot to report on Colie this week. He's getting physically stronger and tolerating the radiation very well. He wakes up from the treatments in a cranky mood but if that's the only problem, we're o.k. He keeps a very busy treatment schedule between radiation, physical therapy, speech therapy and exams and you've got to work in play time and video time too...

He gets two sessions of physical therapy four times a week. One is 'occupational' which deals with his hands and arm strength... it's like a play session for him... throwing ***** with each hand... stacking blocks and they make it a big game for him. The other session is plain physical stuff... mainly strengthening his leg. He walks with a walker and gets to ride a tricycle ..it's hard and tiring on him but, he's playing while building the strength in his leg again.. He wants to walk more by himself now which shows he's getting stronger and more confident. He still needs someone holding both hands... but he anxious to get moving and not be carried so often... a very good sign.

The therapists explained to Lisa that the surgery had a major affect on his whole left side... not just arm and leg and eyes but muscles in his chest, throat...everywhere... his voice has changed in tone and much softer now...and it's due to the muscles in his throat and chest on the left side not functioning properly.. but these folks at St. Jude's have the experience with enough cases to anticipate all this and plan a treatment... I am so impressed with this facility ! There hasn't been one thing that has surprised them yet. All the exams and test have come back with positive results.. our only real concern now is what the radiation/chemo will take back as far as cognitive ability, hearing, eyesight and such... but they are doing periodical checks on all these functions to monitor them for change.

He's doing really well right now but he's still got a long way to go so keep him in your prayers... as well as all the kids there and all the parents... they need the support...

thanks again for all the prayers, moral support, gifts and cards....
john
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

3-16-5 update

Colie is still doing well. this is his last week of full cranial/spine radiation and soon we're on to the 3d conformal stuff... that is totally concentrated on the tumor bed. And, probably a whole different set of side effects...we'll see.

For those who want to see... Cole has a web site that his Mom is updated as often as possible... it's got a running detail and some pics of the lad.. you can check in when you want at

http://www2.caringbridge.org/al/cole/index.htm

this orgainzation (caringbridge) offers free space to patients and families to provide updated info for friends and family... and space for pictures and a guestbook... so if you want to leave them a message you can do that there also...

we're leaving Sunday early a.m. for a trip up to St. Judes for 'bout 4 days.. granddaddy has got to check out the facility... pull out a few tool drawers for inspection... kick some gurney tires...see if their Chilton manuals are up to date

we got a surprise this week... after radiation next Friday they can come home for Easter. as long as they are back Sunday night for Monday morning work.

We always have about 30 folks over for Easter dinner, egg hiding and general family fellowship... most haven't seen Cole since all this happened so it will be a special weekend... 'course Grammy and Granddaddy are stoked !!!

of course guys, you have our continuing gratitude for all the prayers, good thoughts and comforting words... and every day we all pray for every one of you too... for health.. physically, mentally and emotionally. Please keep the prayers coming...

later
john

Old 03-18-2005, 08:17 PM
kjrf100
Freshman User
John, Like Bigfins said, you and I don't know one another, but I have been hanging out around here for several years and have benefited from my share of your ideas/articles. I just want to let you know that Cole and your Family are in our prayers each and every day! Also,if you travel to and from Memphis by way of hwy. 72 through N. Alabama and N. Mississippi and were (God Forbid) to have any trouble,I live in Corinth and would just be a phone call away!! God Bless Keith Rossi (6622874957)

Old 03-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Jet Jock
Elder User
This weeks donation update

Sorry I was out of town last week and couldn't do the weekly update.

Donations for Cole and his family this week total $662.89, and a cashiers check is headed to John today. Guys this is great news and I understand there is more in route. You guys are amazing!

God Bless

Bill

Old 03-31-2005, 06:13 AM
Jet Jock
Elder User
Donation update for this week. I mailed a money order to John & family in Monday for 496.68. You guys are special,

God Bless

Bill

Old 04-11-2005, 09:37 AM
Jet Jock
Elder User
To All

Thanks to your efforts another money order left today for John and family in the amount of $50.

Keep Praqying for Cole

Bill