2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Change in Driveability/Ride with level lift?

Old 03-06-2005, 11:24 AM
teuton01
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Change in Driveability/Ride with level lift?

I am considering adding the 2 1/2" level lift to the front, purely for looks, but am concerned about any change in ride it may cause. Can anyone give me any info on how much this mod affects the handling of your truck? Also how many of you addid the spacers yourself and how many left it to the pros? Last question, did you have to get an alignment after the lift? I added 2" on my old '92 and it made the front tire ride on the outside tread too much.

Old 03-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Smile

Good question, I am hoping for as much detailed info. as possible because I am considering same thing.I kind of like the looks of the way the EZ Lift is made/designed?

Old 03-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Adrnlrsh
Freshman User
I leveled my 05 FX4 screw last week and love it. It was easy to install but you do need to have the front end aligned after installation. I think it actually took longer to gather up my metric tools than it did to install the spacers. The handling seems to be unaffected...I thought I might have a little more body roll when turning but it actually feels better now than it did with the nose down. So far, this is my favorite mod I've done to the truck.

Old 03-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Question

Adrnlrsh , Which type and size leveling kit did you use?Also,what size metric tools did you use?Thanks for the info.

Old 03-06-2005, 03:26 PM
BlkButy
Elder User
I have the Daystar 2.5 Leveling kit currently installed on mine until Wednesday. No difference was noted after install. I also installed a 3" Body Lift a few months later and still drives great. Wednesday I am having a ProComp 6" Suspension Lift installed so the Daystar will come off. I let the Pro's do it so I would not screw my truck up. They do require an alignment but with my Nitto's on there and they have the lip therefore no one has been able to align it so I am rotating every 3k miles. No problems with wear abd tear on the tires yet.

Old 03-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
BlkButy , I always take my cars and trucks to an alignment shop that does large commercial trucks and campers.Maybe, a shop like that could help you out.I would check the yellow pages.Man, save your Nitto's= $$.Thanks for info. and Good Luck!

Old 03-06-2005, 07:02 PM
mw1063
Junior User
Originally Posted by BlkButy
I have the Daystar 2.5 Leveling kit currently installed on mine until Wednesday. No difference was noted after install. I also installed a 3" Body Lift a few months later and still drives great. Wednesday I am having a ProComp 6" Suspension Lift installed so the Daystar will come off. I let the Pro's do it so I would not screw my truck up. They do require an alignment but with my Nitto's on there and they have the lip therefore no one has been able to align it so I am rotating every 3k miles. No problems with wear abd tear on the tires yet.
What "lip" are youreferring to and why would this prevent the truck from being able to be aligned.

Old 03-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Adrnlrsh
Freshman User
Ruckus,

I used the 2.5" leveling kit from Top Gun Customz. Its the steel spacer like alot of the kits on the market and didn't require disassembly of the strut, only adding the spacer on top of it. As for tools, the lower strut mount takes a 30mm deep socket, 14mm on the 3 bolts on top of the strut, I believe a 20mm for the upper ball joint and sway bar mount. It was a really easy install, especially on the 2nd side after I learned the "tricks". I believe the 2nd side took around 30 minutes to complete from the time I started it. Its not a bad job at all and if you choose to do it yourself, I or any of the guys here can help you out with the specifics and shortcuts. Good luck

Old 03-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Smile

Adrnlrsh , Thank You for all the information and I just might take you up on your offer to help out with your wisdom.Where did you purchase your Top Gun Customz from.What did it cost you?Did you order it or buy somewhere local to you?Thanks Again!

Old 03-07-2005, 12:20 AM
98Cobra
Senior User
I have the 2 inch Autospring kit in my truck which left the front about 1 and 1/4 inches lower than the rear (picks in gallery). I had it done by the pros, and did have it aligned after. The ride is the same as stock.

Old 03-07-2005, 03:44 PM
jbloom17
New User
I just installed a 2 inch leveling kit from ezlift and I love it. It costs about $120 and it is easy to install. Took me about an hour to put it on. Makes my truck look much better and now all I have to do is save up for some rubber to fill the empty space. I do notice a little more body roll when turning and i had to get it aligned.

Old 03-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Blue Blooded
Senior User
I did the Autospring 2" kit. Ride is basically same. I installed mine myself. Pretty easy as a spring compressor is NOT needed. I would say an alignment is needed with all of the kits. www.autospringcorp.com I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

If you have the "pros" do it , be careful. I had an auto accessory specialty shop install my ladder racks on my brand new van last year ( I was lazy ) and had to remove them and do them all over myself as they were completly crooked. There were similar complaints w/ the same shop, I later learned, w/ brush guards, exhaust systems, etc. so I would ask around.

Search this Thread