Sponsored by: DP Tuner

keyless

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 06:18 PM
babydsoll09
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keyless

Ihave a 99 F250 its just an old farm truck .My son lost the keys to it and I need to know how to wire around the ing. key. they want an arm and leg for a new one at the dealer. thanks

Old 02-23-2005, 07:10 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Just how much did they want? These trucks don't have transponder keys or anything else fancy, and shouldn't be outrageous. If they want more than a few bucks to cut the key from the VIN, then don't take it to the dealer. A locksmith can make a key just as easily. In fact, it's a good bet that the dealer would just sub it out to a locksmith, anyway, and just mark his bill up. I realize that if you're in rural Oklahoma, a locksmith isn't just down the street.

However.....

It's not a good idea to devulge methods of circumventing security devices like your ignition switch to a public forum like this. I don't know a thing about you, but you COULD be a fourteen-year-old that wants to take his neighbor's pristine F-350 diesel on propane for a joy-ride some night. A locksmith or dealer is going to make you show proof of ownership, which is difficult to do over the internet.

I'm sorry, but I just gotta' point out that giving you an answer that you can use is irresponsible of someone that would know.

(Flame suit on)

SpringerPop

Old 02-23-2005, 09:28 PM
99f250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i couldn't of said it better myself , 'POP'!