Help Carbed 2.3 not starting!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Samsonitesamsonite
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Help Carbed 2.3 not starting!!!!!

Alright guys i have a couple questions..... there was a carb on my ranger that worked but had low power so i took it off and the reason it had no power was that the secondary was rusted shut anyway i got another carb that i know works and hooked up of the same way as the old one and i cant get it to start....... it seems to try but just wont do it....... the only lines i have hooked to the carb are the gas line and a vacuum line from the intake manifold to the passenger side of the carb..... the EGR was non existant on the old one so i didn't bother hooking it up on the new one either..... long story but it just wont work.... sorry for writing a novel here guys but i need some help pronto. Thanks!!!

Old 03-10-2005, 08:16 AM
tomw
Logistics Pro
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Check that you have fuel in the float bowl by opening the throttle while you look down the venturi. There should be a shot of gas as you work the throttle. If not, you don't have gas in the float bowl, or the accelerator pump is shot.
I'd also check for vacuum leaks.. loose hold-down bolts or bad carb gasket, PCV hose knocked off by some fumbling around. You know the drill.. look for what you might have bumped. Even the coil wire to the dist...
tom

Old 03-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Samsonitesamsonite
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks ill check that out and report back this weekend!