Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Chapter meetings - ONLINE Your thoughts, please?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 05:59 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Chapter meetings - ONLINE Your thoughts, please?

It has occurred to me that a lot of us are spread kind of wide apart, and it makes for sort of a hardship to travel all around for any kind of a "CLUB".

But we all met online...

What if there is a simpler, easier way?

And what if it promotes a togetherness that we seem not to have as much of as we'd like?

So can we pick a day of the month (or several days...) where we can put in inputs to make ourselves better, and stronger. To meet one another, and share our views, interests, and thoughts, so that this chapter comes together as a group that even if we can't be together at a physical meeting place, is bonded together, and can take advantage of opportunities to meet with one another when circumstances make it possible? And yet still overcome the difficulties of distance.

We're all online, evidently. But we can't always get up, uproot ourselves, and get on the highway whenever we want to....

What do Y'all think?

CAN WE DO CHAPTER MEETINGS ONLINE, ONCE A MONTH???

~Wolf

Old 02-23-2005, 10:20 PM
Nightrain
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see this as a possibility. You might have to put into perspective, though, at how this will work. I mean, will we do it here on FTE, or will we work on some type of Instant Message system? All sounds good though!

Nightrain

Old 02-23-2005, 11:27 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I hate to bog down the FTE server...

In fact: I'm going to take my page off of it, to make the bandwidth less heavily trafficed. (Geocities/Yahoo don't care, they want more attractions).

But text files should not take down much server time, and if it's only us - I think we can do it. God knows the attendance here doesn't warrant much concern...

If on the other hand we can get a following, we need to be responsible to them and see what we can do to make it all worthwhile.

FLORIDA has a lot of CLUB products and tee shirts and so on - ways to make their people stand out in a crowd. It may be time to look into that, and make our presence known.

I think the first thing to consider is how to make a sticker that goes across the top edge of a windshield:

CLUB FORD TRUCK ENTHUSIASTS
Tennessee Chapter

In white, on a transparent sticker (kind of like an ORW sticker)

Orange might be a better choice

Old 02-23-2005, 11:36 PM
Nightrain
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like that idea on the sticker, Wolf. I would be interested in one myself. There is a local decal shop in town. I can stop by one day next week and see what I can find out. There are also several T-Shirt/Jacket "printers" here locally. Club TN T-Shirts shouldn't be a problem... Coming up with the design and layout will.

Nightrain

Old 02-25-2005, 07:04 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Suppose we have a contest for the design of the FTE T-shirt logo and graphics?

The winner would perhaps have their FTE membername on it as the artist signature?