2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reprogram Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 06:02 PM
JohnnyBoy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Reprogram Question

I was wondering... when i install a after cat exhaust and intake, should I or do I NEED to reprogram the computer? Do you think that I could actually do some damage without reprogramming the cpu? and finally, any of these mods wont hurt my warrante, will it?

Old 02-16-2005, 06:30 PM
czcwest
Freshman User
I have had my Gibson exhaust on my 04 FX4 SCAB for over six months with no comp reflash and have had no problems or warning lights runs just like the day I bought it. An aftermarket exhaust will not hurt your warranty.

Old 02-16-2005, 08:16 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The CPU should adjust accordingly to fully utilize the new intake. The aftercat shouldnt effect the computer. It couldnt hurt to have the dealership check to see if you have the newest program (probably BEFORE you put the intake on .) The after cat will not void any warranty. The intake? Eh, thin ice. It *shouldnt* outright cause a warranty issue, but if you have an item fail behind it, the dealer can point and say tough cookies. If it were me, I wouldnt discard the stock unit. If you need work done, it can always be reinstalled easy enough, without the dealership knowing.

Old 02-16-2005, 08:35 PM
JohnnyBoy
Senior User
Thank you all. I just was wondering because I have heard somewhere that this truck or this car from some aftermarket company has an exhaust and intake installed and has the computer reprogrammed to match the new options. Of course I seldom hear of a company doing this. Pure confusion. As far as the intake, I was looking at the true flow that replaces the intake tube and filter but not the box or anything else, on thicker ice there? or just as thin?