Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Knocking noise inside Xmission oil pan ???

Old 02-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Cypress
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knocking noise inside Xmission oil pan ???

1997 Exp 4x4 V6, when engine is cold, start engine, everything is fine, run fine, when engine warm up, knocking noise starts rattle inside transmission oil pan or some where between transmission and engine oil pan ....

Running at high speed, knocking noise become faster, idle, knocking slower.
I did not use this truck much, only 65K milles and sometimes in the past, I used some kind of gas/gum cleaner to clean gas line system, someone told me it was a bad idea ???

I let the Ford service checked and they use stethescope to do diagnosis, their recommendation is to change the whole engine with long block assy, possible cause by bad main bearing or rod bearing, which I dont know much ! Costs 5500 bucks

Any ideas ? can it be related with emission/catalic stuffs because i used gas line liquid cleaner ?

Thanks muchacho very much .

Old 02-12-2005, 05:29 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts! If you have a minute check out the Guidelines, it will help you to navigate through and understand FTE..
We are pleased you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE …..
See you on the boards.

Old 02-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Steina
CO River Rat

Cypress -

Does it do this in Park or Neutral when warmed up? I seriously doubt gas line cleaner caused your problem.

Steve

Old 02-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Cypress
New User
Hi Steve,

In Park or Neu + Warmed up, still knocking, it's hard to say, Valve or gas cleaner
caused the breaking residues flow around ? In Cool or Cold start, Engine was super FINE, I am the Original owner, brought from brand new

PS: I stil drive it , but knocking bother me very much, Car running in fast mode, boost, but knocking ???? I dont want to be cheated by my Ford Dealer (they and all mechanic want to make money)

Customers got pained

Today, I bought a Valves Lifter liquid and pour in the engine, less noise ??????

Old 02-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Steina
CO River Rat

I originally thought you may have a cracked/broken flexplate based on location, but valve lifter lube won't help that. Of course, it won't help main/rod bearing knock either.

Steve

Old 02-12-2005, 10:30 PM
Cypress
New User
Next week, my brother and I will open those oil pans to see

Thanks

Search this Thread