Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking at selling/trading.... thoughts on value?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 08:08 PM
sonic
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question looking at selling/trading.... thoughts on value?

Hey guys..
It's been a while since i posted anything in here, mainly due to being super busy in the real world. I have come to the realization that i want a newer truck. i like the old girl and all, just mainly need somthing with more room in the cab. I have two young sons, which arent going to get any smaller, and now its pretty much a pain when they are in the truck. whoever sits in the pass. seat needs the seat pulled way up, or they get kicked in the back. some might say thats a dicipline problem, but thats not the point here. Getting in and out of the back to buckle/unbuckle has gotten old as of late. Thus the search for something 4 door. It will be ford, it will be a super duty, it will be a crew cab, and most likely a diesel (not that i need one, i want one ) and of course 4x4.

i wont take up bandwidth here with pictures, but scroll over to my photobucket account, and check out some pics from over the summer.
click here for pics
I really have no idea as to what it might be worth. i'm the 2nd owner, never beat offroad or anything like that, more for "looks" than anything. the first guy was an elderly man that towed a small pop up with it. it has never seen a hard days worth of work since ive owned it.

It's a 95 f-150 ext cab
5.8l with an e4od and 3.55 rears
35" kelly safari awr on 15x10 chrome are wheels
4" superlift, with blocks
2" PA body lift
grey cloth interior with buckets and the plastic console
overhead shelf, catchall mats, sony cd, boston acoustic speakers
over the rail bedliner and toneau cover
class 3 hitch and wiring
128k on the clock, and still runs really well
i use maybe a quart between changes 3500-4k
i will prob be putting exhaust on in the near future, all the hangers broke
i have most of the receipts for work done
stuff like TPS sensor, h2o pump, brake booster, ujoints, tranny mount, spider gears, nothing too major ever actually.

as far as the condition goes, i think the pics speak for themselves. it's a 95, never been resprayed or anything, all original 95 paint. in fact in the past 6 years, its never been touched with a buffer... everything is hand done to it. this past summer i entered in the carlisle all truck nats, and took 3rd in the mild 4x4 class, and first at a show at a local ford dealer. not bad in my book, there were a lot of nice trucks at both shows. the exterior has a few door dings, the rear bumper is ever so slightly tweaked at the one corner, and no rust whatsoever on the body that i have ever seen. the interior is almost as nice, the carpet is a little worn at the door sills, the typical right side dash squeak, one small burn hole in the headliner, and one on the pass. seat. other than that... super nice

i dont want this to be labeled as a "FOR SALE" ad by any means, i am just trying to see what YOU guys think it may be worth. i've never had luck selling vehicles privately, and usualy there is something wrong with them when i trade them in, this one is the exception. is the kbb a good judge or price as far as what is out there, i dont know.

i appreciate any input or thoughts you might have.

Thanks a bunch!!!
Brian

Old 02-05-2005, 08:17 PM
tex94F250
Posting Guru
Try Kelley Blue Book, kbb.com; Auto Trader, autotrader.com; and the local classifieds in your area. Just looking at a few on Auto Trader in Georgia and it would be in the $5,500.00 range. People have trouble selling Ford pickups and Broncos around here with too much off road in them. The opinion is that they are really ragged out. I'd bet that most of the lifted, monster tired F150's in 25 miles of my home have never been off the "hard road". The kids are just doing it for looks and sinking a lot of $'s into them.

Old 02-05-2005, 08:21 PM
tex94F250
Posting Guru
Just reviewed your pics, great looking truck. If you like this period Ford, I'd bet you could trade for a nice Bronco.

Old 02-05-2005, 11:56 PM
crashnburn
Junior User
Red face

I'll trade you my wife for it ! She has high mileage, a drooping rear, could use new headlights......damn, I'm dead if she reads this!!!