Fumoto Oil Drain Valve Yes or No! - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve Yes or No!

Notices
6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve Yes or No!

Old 11-25-2010, 09:53 AM
smokersteve
Posting Guru
smokersteve has a good reputation on FTE.smokersteve has a good reputation on FTE.smokersteve has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by bismic View Post
My last UOA I split the sample into two bottles. One I sent in just as it was taken. The other I inserted a STRONG magnet in it for quite awhile. The anaytical results were essentially identical. I wonder how much good the magnet is under normal circumstances ..........

The difference is that when ever the stock bolt is removed there is metal on the magnet.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:55 AM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Troy Buenger View Post
It keeps popping up for a good reason. Some people are on the fence to whether go with convenience (fumoto valve) vs magnetic filtering (oem drain plug). I'm personally on the magneted filtering because I remember when I changed the oil for the first time the magnet had some metal particles stuck to it that never made it to the oil filter. Maybe the magnet is there for the break-in period, but provides a peace of mind.
As one other person stated I have put an earth magnet right below the valve and I pull it off once the oil is draining.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:18 PM
bismic
Post Fiend
bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by smokersteve View Post
The difference is that when ever the stock bolt is removed there is metal on the magnet.
I hear ya, but it gets filtered before going anywhere important. Now if there were a large enough particle that could damage the pump (or plug the oil side of the oil cooler) - I guess that's a valid concern, but not very common issue (unless something is dropped during engine work). JMHO.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Troy Buenger
Postmaster
Troy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to behold
I view it this way... International and the European company (actual designers) designed in the magnetic drain plug for a reason. I don't do oil analysis so I decided to keep it stock.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:29 PM
sandmanf250
Posting Guru
sandmanf250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
walmart drainpan

perfect.just lift it a bit to get the plug in.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:14 PM
MisterCMK
Avid Winter Hater
MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
The second thing I did to my truck after the coolant filter was the Fumoto drain valve. It was worth the money and means no mess.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:36 PM
smokersteve
Posting Guru
smokersteve has a good reputation on FTE.smokersteve has a good reputation on FTE.smokersteve has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by bismic View Post
I hear ya, but it gets filtered before going anywhere important. Now if there were a large enough particle that could damage the pump (or plug the oil side of the oil cooler) - I guess that's a valid concern, but not very common issue (unless something is dropped during engine work). JMHO.

The metal is minimal that the mag pics up, but for me, I do not like the thought that those and other particles will go through the LPP

Old 11-26-2010, 06:51 PM
sandmanf250
Posting Guru
sandmanf250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
fumoto plus

i love the fumoto and also installed the bronze replacement for the 6 mm plug that drains the water out of the fuel filter.got a big dose of water from a station with old tanks and have had to drain the filter 5 times in 2 days.pretty simple now. just turn it out with your fingers.

Old 01-01-2019, 05:42 PM
Gale Hawkins
Senior User
Gale Hawkins is starting off with a positive reputation.
We added the Fumoto valve to the 2010 F-150 that we bought last summer on the first oil change and it was so nice to have when it came time for the second oil change.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:08 AM
steelandspeed
New User
steelandspeed is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just got one F111S Short nipple for the 7.3, well pleased!

Old 03-15-2019, 07:28 AM
npccpartsman
Post Fiend
npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
I've had one on my 04 for almost 15 years and never had an issue. Makes changing oil a breeze. I wish they came from the factory with one.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:52 PM
SmackDaddy
Posting Guru
SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.
I have fumotos on the radiator, oil pan and both block drains, I love them.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:18 AM
F350 1990
Elder User
F350 1990 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I rarely recommend brands, but Fumoto is decent quality....................use these fairly regularly on all vehicles ---- block drains, oil pans, etc..............