Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Power door locks still

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 11:47 AM
jrisebo
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power door locks still

I am still having trouble with the power door locks. The actuators work, I tested them. When you hit a switch, you hear a clicking below the dash, like a relay. There are relays, but they are on the vehicle security module. My remote unlock doesnt work, but does trip the light when unlocking, and also trips the horn when locking. Anyone have suggestions? I think I need to replace the VSM, but not sure. I would like to find a wiring diagram for this truck, but cant find any manuals.

Im starting to hate this.

Thanks

Jim

Old 01-29-2005, 11:19 PM
jcab
Senior User
my security alarm failed, causing the truck not to start, and the horn to go off intermitently. I found out the remote entry security was bad so had it disconnected, and problems went away. You might have that checked. Jeff

Old 01-30-2005, 09:15 AM
jrisebo
New User
door locks

Im sure thats part of the VCM. I am going to get a wiring diagram, and put power to the door locks from the VCM, and see if they work, thus isolating the VCM.
What do you guys think?

Old 01-31-2005, 11:07 PM
cangim
Postmaster
I think you should just replace the Lock actuators, after time they just weaken out. I have replaced two out of 4 on mine so far. Would lock just not completely unlock, they'd try just not make it. Replaced with a new actuator, newer design, haven't had any problems with them yet.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:16 AM
BigRed350
Senior User
Originally Posted by jrisebo
Im sure thats part of the VCM. I am going to get a wiring diagram, and put power to the door locks from the VCM, and see if they work, thus isolating the VCM.
What do you guys think?
Do any of the locks work, or are they all not functioning? Do they sound like they are trying to work? Can you see any movement at all?

Old 02-01-2005, 05:19 AM
jrisebo
New User
door locks

None of the actuators are getting power. I cut one of the wires, and hooked to a 12v source, and it worked. I checked the fuse, and its fine. I can hear the relay on the VCM trying to work. When I use my remote keyless entry, it turns on the light, but doesnt unlock.

Old 02-01-2005, 10:11 AM
yzfsocal
New User
Originally Posted by jrisebo
None of the actuators are getting power. I cut one of the wires, and hooked to a 12v source, and it worked. I checked the fuse, and its fine. I can hear the relay on the VCM trying to work. When I use my remote keyless entry, it turns on the light, but doesnt unlock.
i had the same problem since the day i bought the truck 6 months ago. this past month all of a sudden the locks work again. i have no idea how they fixed themselves but am dreading them being broken again.

Old 02-05-2005, 07:27 PM
BigRedTank
Freshman User
I am having a simlar issue. On my 01 Excursion I have the following symptoms. Drivers door does not lock or unlock, passenger back door does not lock or unlock either. Passenger front and Drivers back door work most of the time. You can here the relay under the dash and even see the drivers door lock tick just a little when you try to use it. One other thing that seems really strange is that the outsdie keypad can lock the two good doors, but can not unlock any of them....any ideas...I am fresh out.

Al

Old 02-06-2005, 03:21 AM
Crumm
Elder User
BigRedTank, You need new actuators for sure. The Excursions are very prone to this problem.

Jrisebo, You don't list what you are working on that I can find. Is is a 99-up or a 94.5-97?

Old 02-06-2005, 07:23 AM
jrisebo
New User
Door locks

Crumm,

I have a F250 2002 PS, crew cab.

Jim

Old 02-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Crumm
Elder User
OK the 94-97 had a problem with a rod in the door. The SuperDutys like yours have better actuators than the Excursion but they do still fail. It sounds like you think they are OK so it must be a problem somewhere else that I am not familiar with.

Old 02-15-2005, 05:37 PM
cleggeggs110
New User
I have a similar problem also, none of my locks work but they do move a little, the same happens when you use the remote. I just purchased this truck a 2000 F250 crew cab. Does all the doors have its own actuator? and if they do do you think they all are bad?

Old 02-15-2005, 07:03 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
cleggeggs110..
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts! If you have a minute check out the Guidelines, it will help you to navigate through and understand FTE.
Stick around someone will be by shortly to answer your question.
We are pleased you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE
…..See you on the boards.

Old 02-15-2005, 07:28 PM
jrisebo
New User
I think your actuators are bad, since they move a bit. You might try lubricating them. Mine are not even getting power

Old 02-16-2005, 06:43 PM
CC'sDad
Senior User
Mine do the same, got the actuators for all four doors. I am replacing them this weekend and will let you know if it solves the problem.

Quick Reply: Power door locks still