Turbo on Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Finally
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Turbo on Cruise

Early 99 PSD F250 SD.

I noticed driving down the highway that when I set the cruise, the turbo reacts differently then if I am not on cruise. With the cruise on, the turbo seems to react more vigorously at less RPMS on inclines and such. Whereas if I am running the accelerator the turbo will not wind up until I really lay on the RPMs. Case in point, there is a stretch of road I travel that is quite hilly. With the cruise on, I will hit the middle of the hills and the turbo winds up like a jet plane. Where as without cruise the motor starts to pull and usually shifts down. Is this because the computer is running the engine? Just curious.

Old 01-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Pikachu
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Likely, its just that the cruise reacts instantly to attempt to maintain ground speed, whereas you may not notice your speed dropping initially.

Old 01-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
well as you might know form topics on the power petal mod, the computer can send more voltage to the pcm (i think) than the petal can... thats why the truck can tecnically accelerate faster in cruse that w/ the petal... not sure if this is true for the newer trucks.... but i know that 97- that this is the case... hope this helps!!

-Robb