SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bump to the top......

Old 02-18-2005, 08:49 AM
ranger240
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well I am not going to worry about the sheet thing unless someone can come up with one. does anyone want to chip in for a "real" banner from a sign shop, I may have a hookup at a vynil graphics shop (if Tracy still works there). I will see about having one made up and let you all know in another thread, but untill then let me know your thoughts on this (if you wanna chip in, PM me)

Old 02-19-2005, 01:59 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
ok peeps its saturday finally, just washed some rust off the bucket so im ready....hope to see a few of you at coits tonight....

Old 02-19-2005, 08:02 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

I apologize but it looks like I won't make it. Just now finished putting my truck back together and still have some more wiring to do. Hope you all had fun and a good meet.

Old 02-20-2005, 11:30 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
I think the meet was a success, not as many people showed as we expected, but weather might have played a part with that, it was kinda chilly. We had 5 trucks there this time, its actually our biggest turn out yet!! just so happened another truck club had a meet there at the same time, although it was a "lowered" club, the guys were cool and had some nice rides, a couple were even proud Ford owners!! and it turned out i used to work for the same custom home builder as the leader, is this a small state or what?? Ken got some nice pics, hopefully he will have them posted soon. Now we just gotta figure out a good date for the next meet, so all of you who read this, find my post in the Oklahoma forum "Central Oklahoma Members" and post up the best day of the week that works for you, and we can start planning an agreeable date for most if not all that want to attend.

Hey Fordborn, dont worry about it, we all know how it goes when your working on these trucks, it doesnt always go as fast as we first figure...So we wont hold it against you......this time.....lol......

Last edited by SwOkcOffRoader; 02-20-2005 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:44 AM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ranger240
OK, I am going to say Earlywine Park is the destination for our next GTG.

Now, I am going to be out of town on the 18-19, so I suggest we go for March 26th at 6:00 PM. anyone disagree, take it up with management!!! lol J/K, oh wait, I am management haha.

does this sound good to everyone? Tom feel free to post a response, we know you're out there, trolling. hahaha
ok topic moved, this gives us 2 1/2 weeks to plan our schedules and make it happen.....hope to see you all there!!! ken was at my house yesterday, and i brought up the fact that this time of year is prone to some typical oklahoma weather and we might get rained out, so he suggested soda-pops restuarant on 119th and western as a back up plan in case of rain, or maybe someones house in that part of town if someones willing.....we will see when it gets closer to that time.......

Old 03-12-2005, 04:02 PM
rogerf100
Elder User
I will offer my house as a backup plan. I live just a couple of blocks from the park. We can cook on my grill out of the weather on the patio. Soda Pops is a good choice too, good food and prices. Here is a map that shows my house and the park.

http://members.***.net/rogerdh/MaptoMyhouse.jpg

I guess I better let my wife know too! LOL

Last edited by rogerf100; 03-12-2005 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:01 PM
ranger240
Elder User
hey roger....linkie no workie

Old 03-12-2005, 07:08 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
worked for me, i know where that area is, carl worked on some new houses down that way.........you werent joking roger, that IS just a couple blocks away from the park.....it sounds like a good plan to me, see you then!!

Old 03-15-2005, 10:59 PM
bambishooten
Senior User
sorry I've been out of touch for a bit, started an extra job, keep me posted, & ONCE AGAIN, I'll do my best to be there

Old 03-19-2005, 10:38 AM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Originally Posted by bambishooten
ONCE AGAIN, I'll do my best to be there
once again, we will be looking for ya!!!

Old 03-26-2005, 11:52 AM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
back to the top.............

Old 05-12-2005, 08:15 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
alright guys, its been pretty quiet in here lately, i bet most everyone is just looking in now and then like i do.....its time to get this ball rolling again, the nice weather we have been waiting on is here, and its time to get some more meets planned out.....feel free to post up suggestions on places, my suggestion is to have one at the garage i work at, its on the corner of NE 10th and douglas in MWC, we havent had a meet on this side of town in awhile so i thought id throw that idea out there for you all to ponder....heck, we can all meet there then drive the 1/4 mile to my house and drink some beers and maybe eat some pizza or something.......anyone with other members phone numbers be sure to call them and have them get online and post up(ken )........hope to hear from ya'll soon......

Old 05-13-2005, 10:08 AM
ranger240
Elder User
sounds good to me, Brian. I say get some burgers and brats, and have a TAILGATE PARTY!!!!! and again unfortunately I won't be able to get off work on saturdays untill after 4PM, but then who likes drinking beer in the morning? haha (anyone unfamilliar with this site should understand that we aren't a bunch of boozers, we just like to have a few cold ones when we get together).

ok, so I shall call all of the 4 people I have phone numbers for and see if they will get online and check things out. HI Tom!!! hahaha

_Ken

Old 05-13-2005, 03:42 PM
rogerf100
Elder User
It seems like it has been a long time since our last GTE. I actually have my hot tub setup now and my garage cleaned out. Did a little work on the '55 today at lunch. Removed the rear bumper by cutting off the rusty bolt heads and removed the rear spring Y hangers. They were badly worn but I have new ones to put back on. Should have a rolling chassis soon and will bring it to my house so I can clean and paint it with POR-15. Then I can start putting parts back on like the engine and trans, steering box, brake and fuel lines, etc... Volunteers accepted.

6 PM still the best time for everybody? Last Saturday in May? That is Memorial Day weekend.

By the way if anybody needs some metal I found a shop in Norman that does good work and cheap. My buddy had some 16 gauge sheet metal cut for some floor pans in his '31 coupe and the price was very good.

Quick Reply: Next OKC Meet!!!