Sponsored by: DP Tuner

No fast idle and rough start up idle

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 12:22 PM
slaymdr
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No fast idle and rough start up idle

95 F350 PSD Crew cab Dually - When I first start the engine I have no fast idle even on cold mornings. Constant low / normal idle around 650-700.

Also everytime I start the engine HOT or COLD it will give me about 5-7 ROMP, ROMP, ROMP's with surging idle from 650 up to 900 with each ROMP and then smooths out.

Now I am noticing a small surge in the RPM's (about 50 RPM minor surging) both HOT or COLD and at idle or holding it steady down the road at a constant speed.

Any suggestions?

Old 01-21-2005, 01:41 PM
RocketScience
Posting Guru
slaymdr,
Can't help ya with your first and third items, but for the 'Romp, Romp, Romp', see my thread in this forum titled "Another cold start surging idle. Help!", specifically my post #12. Today it is on page two.

Hope this helps part of your problem.

Old 01-21-2005, 06:09 PM
slaymdr
Freshman User
Tried to leave the key on longer but that didn't help...still ROMP, ROMP, ROMP...

Old 01-21-2005, 06:20 PM
melisa
Senior User
Mine was doing the exact same thing, it started have the "romp" when you first started it, then it got to where it did it all the time. See the TSB about cleaning the orfice tube and screen. I removed the fuel pressure regulator, cleaned the orfice tube, and the screen and now it idles MUCH smoother. i still have no fast idle, that is another issue. When you remove the regulator from the side of the fuel filter housing, be careful not to damage the O ring, you can re-use it. Mine had black sludge on that screen. I have read on this forum where they say you can clean it with a Q tip whithout removing the regulator, but I took mine off the truck and cleaned it out with brake cleaner. Try this, if it has never been cleaned, it will definately help.