Shady dealer help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 09:21 AM
rett8799
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shady dealer help!!!

wrote a post on here regarding a crack in my oil pan by the drain plug!
well the last time the oil was changed was by the dealer I bought the truck from. I bought a 99 f150 4.2L 8 months ago with no warranty, it was a Mazda dealer that is well known in the area and actually recommended by a few people as a good dealer!

I noticed 2 days ago oil under the truck, so investigated and first thing I did was see if the oil drain plug was loose, it was! tightened it up (I was not in a well lit area) next day more oil under truck, so this time when I got home went under truck and noticed that there is a hairline crack by the drain plug and someone put epoxy/sealer over in (poor job at that). the dealer was the last to change the oil on this truck, it had a mazda filter on it and the window oil change sticker even says who changed it. So do I have a legitimate case for the dealer to eat this and fix it or not???
I need suggestions asap, I have an appointment this afternoon(wednesday)
Thank you all!!!!!!

Old 01-19-2005, 07:46 PM
rmanTX
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to answer your question:

yes

Old 01-19-2005, 07:48 PM
cantrma
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, I feel your pain. I'd try them but they will deny they did it and claim no responsibility for a 'sold as is' vehicle. In short, try it but don't expect much. If I could get the plug in and out, I'd probably clean it up with brake cleaner, put some JB Weld on and in the crack, and tell everyone I ever knew about that dealer.

The pan won't come out without pulling the motor, hard to believe isn't it. So if you really won't be happy with it, take it back and try to get your money back. A lawyer might could help but no guarantees. That's bigger than small claims, you stand to lose your lawyer's fees and get nothing, to say nothing of the aggravation. Up to you.