Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Indy Jamboree coming up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 07:52 PM
Streetcruzer
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indy Jamboree coming up!

Snowfighter reminded me in his last post about the 4X4 Jamboree coming up next month, it will take place at the Indiana State Fairgrounds, on Sept. 24-26! The website for this event " Indy Jamboree" should provide all the information you will need to get there. If you have any questions, post them here and we will try to answer them.
As we did last year, we will have to come up with a location to meet at. Since Snowfighter and his brother are residents of that area, maybe they will share the secret handshake with us, and maybe open the doors of some private club(s).
Every year Advance Auto Parts (sponsor) puts on a good show, and if you are in the market for parts or accessories, this is the place to be, as the dealers and manufactures are present with a lot of show specials! There are also plenty of factory reps there to answer your questions,as well as the truck owners who have built the machines you are looking at. They are usually more than happy to answer your questions about something they have done to their truck.

Any suggestions you have, post them and we will get a plan together!!
Lenny

Last edited by Streetcruzer; 08-22-2004 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:53 PM
snowfighter
Elder User
All, The Jamboree is a fun event for all.The website is familyevents.com and they can tell you more.
Chris_ce and myself will be at the same place as last year (near the playground in the pioneer village) Feel free to park with us \

Once again if anyone wants to come in early or stay for the wknd I will open up my home and yard to campers tents whatever it takes.

Lenny have you heard on flyers or stickers maybe a banner?

Wayne

Old 08-25-2004, 09:41 PM
Streetcruzer
Elder User
Wayne: No I haven't heard a thing from the webmaster about banners or advertisement's of any sort! It doesnt show up very well, but if you put your mouse arrow on " Indy Jamboree " in my first post it will take you right to the site!
The place where snowfighter and his brother park is in the far North/East section of the fairgrounds by a playground! (correct me if I'm wrong)
How about trying to meet at snowfighters or Chris_ce's truck around noon on saturday the 25th and maybe around 3 pm for the people who come in the afternoon!

Any ideas, please feel free to post,
Lenny

Old 08-31-2004, 11:42 AM
Loganwildman
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What do their trucks look like? Can a newbie show up even though I don't know the secret handshake?

Old 08-31-2004, 03:33 PM
theologian
Postmaster
I may be there, by that time.. If so, I will try get to the jamboree, it will be fun.

Old 08-31-2004, 07:06 PM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru
You can see our trucks in the user gallery just click on our user name.
Hope to see all of you there.

Old 09-19-2004, 09:47 AM
snowfighter
Elder User
Update, Sorry but I need to work this wknd and I will not be attending the jamboree this year.

Old 09-19-2004, 01:01 PM
Streetcruzer
Elder User
Originally Posted by snow fighter
Update, Sorry but I need to work this wknd and I will not be attending the jamboree this year.
Work, work where? As a security guard at Hooters maybe! All the factorys are closed this weekend in Indy as this is a national holiday! How are you to support the local economy if you are working?

Check your email,
Lenny

Old 09-19-2004, 04:37 PM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru
I will probably only be able to attend sunday lot of stuff going on.

Old 09-29-2004, 07:22 PM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru
Anyone make it? I went for a few hours on saturday and I got to meet Bob Chandler. Got snowfighter a autographed hat and for me I got a poster and folder all signed by Bob. Got the kid a shirt signed by Dan Runte. Also picked up some center caps and valve stems for the big truck. Had a good time even though I could only stay a few hours.

Old 09-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Loganwildman
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My daughter and I went down on Sunday. I didn't get to meet Bob, because he was being interviewed by a camera crew. I may get to be on TV, because I was checking out the Bigfoot truck with the tranny out of it, and stood up, turned around, and wham, there was a camera pointing at Bob Chandler, so if I'm lucky, or unlucky, the camera caught my good looking mug, and my daughters cute mug

Old 10-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Streetcruzer
Elder User
Chris: I made it down about noon saturday, looked all over to see if you or your brother happened to make it. DCspecial posted he was going to be there and did not see him or Mrrottendog, something must have came up!
Still had a great time, as the number of trucks there should have set a record, or thats what the guy on the loud speaker claimed! Looks like a lot of different clubs were there as the areas some of them had roped off were having large cookouts and lots of refreshments.
For vendors this is one of the largest turnouts I have seen in a long time, If you were looking for parts,accessories,clothing,tips,advice, you could have found it there! There were also a lot of show specials to save you money on those needed mods. I purchased a set of tires and saved $200.00, and they were shipped free to my home, works for me!
After the show a lot of people went over to 4wheelparts (me included) where a party had been going on all day, and all night if needed. Food,drinks were provided, and everything in the store was on sale. They have a rock garden on their property, and anyone could try their skill with their vehicle on the pile of rocks. What a site to see.
Great time for all who attended,
Lenny

Old 01-12-2005, 10:44 PM
the ranger
New User
Talking i was there!!!

it was awesome!!! i took the whole family, we loved it and we all got to ride in one of the trucks. it was a hummer [ bummer ] but it was the idea that counted. the kids just thought it was nuts! i was in heaven. and i got to check out black stallion up close. that rig is sooooooo awesome, pure ford power!!! and mike vaters is a pretty cool guy. he took the time to sit and talk with me about MY truck. then we talked and looked over his 557 c.i blown big block. man!!!!! that thing is crazy!!!!!!!!. but we was there all day saturday, and the food was good, and the peaple were great. i talked to so many ford fans, i was sad when it was time to go... and now on the 29 th of jan at the rca dome is another monster rally. i will be there!!!!!!!! anyone else????

Old 01-13-2005, 02:15 AM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru
The wife and kid are wanting to go so I will probally be there. Might try to find each other.