Sponsored by: DP Tuner

brake freeze

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 04:54 PM
garndog
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question brake freeze

I have a 2001 F350,I took it in right after i bought it in july because the truck pulled hard right when braking.The dealership put two new front brake calipers on and the problem was solved.A week ago i came to a stop sign with very stiff brakes, stopped ,went to take off and the brakes were hung up.Took it back to the dealer they said the front calipers were bad again.Three days later i got it back and it still hangs up the same. I didnt think calipers would go bad that quick. and two at the same time,hard to believe. any ideas? master cylinder or what?
Thanks for any help.

Old 01-12-2005, 06:19 PM
realhp
Senior User
First welcome to FTE. The answers is no that calipers can go bad that quick. Sounds like it could be a bad ABS hydraulic control unit or a master cylinder or pinched brake lines but doubt it. I would take it back to the shop and see what they say could have caused them to go bad so quickly. Has your ABS light been on?

Old 01-12-2005, 06:51 PM
garndog
Senior User
Thank you !! I have been reading alot on this site,good stuff. My ABS light has never come on and it seems to work right,the roads are very ice up here. The truck does not pull at all and after driving for a little bit i can hear them release, its like a pop down by the break peddle it does it twice and they are fully released.When i get out of the truck all of the brakes smell hot inside the wheel wells.so all are doing it.Where is the ABS hydraulic control unit at? will that cause them all to hang up?
thanks HP