1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

95 ranger questions..

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 02:57 PM
downrange
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 ranger questions..

Where can a guy buy some factory pinstripe? The person before me peeled it off and there is a glue residue left.. i thought i could just go back over it with original pinstriping...or what works good to remove the adhesive so i can add my own?

Also the the fan motor for the a/c-heater only works on high.. Is it the fan motor or the switch?

and the oil guage doesnt work. I replaced the sensor on the motor and no luck. now what? wiring or the guage itself?

Old 09-30-2008, 06:36 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
NAPA sells 3M decal remover that works great on removing the gue. Any good detail shop, body shop or ford can repinstripe your truck and it isn't all that expensive.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Rangerman Stan
Elder User
NAPA stores that sell auto paint to body shops can also get pinstripes or other designs too. And some of the other places like Wendell said. On the heater fan problem, it's probably the resistor pack has gone bad. The resistor pack is located either by the heater fan motor under the hood or under the dash by the glove box. The part of it you'll see looks like flat plastic, about the size of a credit card, with 2 screws holding it to the heater box and it will have a plug with 2 or 3 wires going to it. Undo the screws and lift the flat plastic off the heater box and you should see the coil resistors on the other side. You should be able to see one or more of the coils rusted out or burned up. That's just something they do. Just unplug it and plug in the new one and put it back together and you should have all speeds on the fan again. If some of the better auto parts stores don't have the resistor pack then check with your nearest dealership. They aren't very expensive, maybe around 20 bucks if that. On the oil pressure gauge, did they give you the right part? Some of the other sensors on the engine look almost alike. Check to see if the right one was changed. I think there's a thread or two about the oil pressure gauge on this forum that you could look at to see what others have tested and what they found. Let us know how it goes.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:19 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Look for the 3M eraser wheel to get your pin stripes off. It is basically an eraser that you chuck up in your drill and it will take off all of the adhesive. It works slick but I think it is around $30 so it is a little on the spendy side if you are only going to use it once.