2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Ford F-150 web site?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 09:45 AM
SuperCab 5.5
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Ford F-150 web site?

Is there a Ford F-150 website out there in cyberspace that is positive and upbeat about the 04-05 model? (Or are they all this way?)

I'm about to throw in the towel on this place once and for all.

I'm sorry for those of you having problems but there is just too much doom and gloom every time I logon here. I want to see and share ideas about mods and such.

SuperCab 5.5

Last edited by SuperCab 5.5; 01-09-2005 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:51 AM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Why don't you start a thread about mods and such?

Most boards are a place to go when you have a problem and need help/reassurance/ideas etc. etc.

I'm all for mod' threads! In fact, I may start a few today...why don't YOU join in and do the same.

This is board's content is controlled by ALL of us.

If you still aren't satisfied then Google search for other sites. There are at least a couple with high traffic like this one out there.

Old 01-09-2005, 10:48 AM
DonsFx4
Elder User
SuperCab...I share your frustration with all the negative posts, but you'll find that on any site dealing with the '04-'05 F150. I think it's mostly because alot of these guys are first-time truck buyers and expect it to run like the sports coupe they just got rid of.

Now I'm not discounting the fact that some trucks do have a vibration that just can't get fixed, but there are tens of thousands more out there that are just GREAT trucks, plain and simple. Mine is a friggin'g champ, but it seems like I can't say that here without offending somebody.

So hang in there...as you see already, alot of guys have good info about mods they've done, and soon we'll be getting good maintenance tips as the miles begin to rack up.

This is the best site by far!!!

Old 01-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Racerguy
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Even if quite a bit of the interaction on here is negative to me it's still better than on some other sites where the threads look like this...........

My truck sucks

Mine too

What he said

double

yeah

etc, etc, etc

Old 01-09-2005, 12:10 PM
thenetguy
Senior User
I had troubles and found important research here which helped me suceed with a resolution, so I decided to pay a subscription and try to help support others. I also like to help others in answering questions like gas mileage, towing, etc. I also try to help those who do have the same problems I did, keep a positive attitude. I've owned at least a dozen trucks and test drove the other brands the last couple of months and I can tell you that Ford has done a wonderful job in forging ahead. This model might be a bit of a stretch, so I'm getting an F250 but staying with Ford. I think Monsta is right....you can start your own threads and it's fun to get the input and experience of others. It was the experience of others which helped me with my mods.

Old 01-09-2005, 12:11 PM
DVLSH1
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im a member of another ford truck site and i see pretty much same things discussed on thatone as I do here. If you don't want to see anytthing negative about any truck, then i suggest you dont go to any forums related to any truck, as that pretty much what the forums are for. I for one am glad that there is talk like that here. It saved me much money when i had my ranger and its electrical problem which had it not been for this site, would have cost me a cple hundreds of dollars to fix when i could have done what was said here and spray wd-40 on the door latch. (which is what i ended up doing) I recently upgradd to the 2004 F-150, and I will say as of right now, I have had no problems with it whatsoever, and it has over 5000 miles on it now.

Old 01-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Ford-man22
Senior User
Supercab 5.5 , I like this site but I agree with you. There is a lot of darkness on this site. There is another site in which I am a member, it's www.**************.com. I love the galleries on this site they are awesome. Check it out.

Old 01-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Ford-man22
Senior User
The editor got to my last post. I guess it's because there the competition. You have to have competition, that's why things get better! I think when I read some of the topics on this site I get paranoid that the same thing is going to happen to my truck. I know, I know, why look at them then? I guess I'm just curious. They are very helpful though if you do incounter a problem so I like reading them. I wish the galleries were in catagories. Like year, model, lifted, stock, 4x4, supercab, crewcab, mods, something so you could go sraight to what you like or look at a lifted truck to get ideas.

Old 01-09-2005, 06:27 PM
SuperCab 5.5
Freshman User
Okay.....moving on.

Hello again. I appreciate the positive twist to this post. Okay.....I like my new gen F-150 truck so I'm looking forward and staying on-track here.

Can I make a suggestion? Instead of one broad category, would it be possible to sub-divide the 2004-2005 section into separate groups? (Or at least two?)

For example if there is a dedicated area for issues/problems/concerns then one could chose to enter it at-will to hopefully resolve their issues. Perhaps everything else (hopefully positive in nature) could grouped together in another folder/area.

Okay either way I'm going to post a positive blurb now about a new mod coming. (My new fender flares).

We should make a conscience effort to keep things up-beat as much as possible.

Supercab 5.5

Old 01-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Swatnducks
Freshman User
I stumbled on this site after some bad experiences with a brand new 04 4X4 Lariat Screw....The vibe problem got me (or so I thought not to mention my dealership) .... After a lot of research here and many helpful suggestions from other members, I had the information required to get the problem resolved....In my case, negative posts about my truck on this site proved positve in the end....Keep'm coming as long as they might help somebody....Thanks to all!!!!!

Old 01-09-2005, 07:23 PM
anthony99
Senior User
Originally Posted by DonsFx4
SuperCab...I share your frustration with all the negative posts, but you'll find that on any site dealing with the '04-'05 F150. I think it's mostly because alot of these guys are first-time truck buyers and expect it to run like the sports coupe they just got rid of.

This is the best site by far!!!
I agree and disagree with SuperCab. I agree that this is the best Ford Truck site. I disagree that alot of these guys expect their truck to run like their sports coupe.

Now there are probably a few that this applies too, but in general I would guess that most are honest hard working people that simply want their vehicle behave well.

I am a big Ford fan, and drove a 1991 F150 for years. I loved it and, like others, know what a vehicle should and should feel like, even trucks. I love my '04 F150, despite being in the mix of working with the dealer right now to get the vibe issue fixed. It is a great truck with great handling and terrific in many areas. Now that I have had several months to think about it, even with the vibe, I am glad I bought it and have confidence that the vibe issue is going to be resolved.

Old 01-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Toreador
Elder User
I disagree with Supercab. This site is great. Yes there are some people who overdo the negative aspects, but they are in the minority and should be allowed to vent. This site has helped me greatly and I love every aspect of it. It's enjoyable. I hope we don't divide it into two parts because that would make it harder to keep up with it. You have to take the good with the bad and help those who have problems.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:20 PM
ftkcignusx1
New User
Here's something to think about, why view threads that are intended to fix real issues/problems as negative in nature? It's somewhat of a given when you redesign a truck from the ground up, there are going to be issues. If it weren't for sites such as this, many of us would be in a world of hurt since going to a dealer to resolve an issue(s) many times results in going no where as dealers are passive by nature. Thus, for customers to get a fair shake (e.g. get their concerns addressed in a construction fashion) they must be proactive. To be proactive requires knowledge. This site and all of the threads that attempt to resolve known problems is one of the few places to obtain that knowledge. It's called trouble shooting, problem solving, diagnosis, or whatever related term you want to put on it. I find that information much more informative and valuable than hearing the "I love my truck" type comments. I can read that in the bias magazines, etc. On the flip side, I agree positive threads such as mods etc., are just as valuable. The difference however, is when someone pumps out $30k for a new vehicle which they love outside of a few problems, they want to know how many others are having the problem(s) and ultimately to get the problem(s) resolved as quickly as possible. Theres nothing worse than going to a dealer to get a problem diagnosed and fixed, then having the dealer guess as to the cause/fix. Many times an accurate diagnosis is or cannot be made and therefore numerous trips and time is wasted leading not only to frustration but even worse ill feelings towards the truck/Ford. If you can get on a site like this and educate yourself to the problem cause/fix, all of the negatives (time, attitude, etc.) can be eliminated. If your truck is flawless, be thankfull but don't rip on others with valid problems who create threads to resolve them. There is a difference between creating threads to resovle problems vs creating them to vent! The latter is not constructive and serves no purpose.

Old 01-11-2005, 03:42 PM
rcp1936
Freshman User
Well I keep searching this site and other Ford sites HOPING I will find a thread where-in it states Ford admits to vibration problems on their new models and their enginners have come up with the reason and a fix which is incorporated in all models built after _________

Then I will be able to go out and look for a new truck

Until then I will keep my 93 F150 or if I get tired of waiting go get a hemi
Just wish Dodge made a super cab cause my wife has the 2002 Quad cab and we love it but I want a little bigger bed and don't need all that room in the back but want more than in a regcab and I keep hearing how quiet and smooth the new F150s are

Old 01-12-2005, 04:28 PM
toypuller
Senior User
Prior to finding this site I was told that:

There wasn't any problem with my truck.
There wasn't any TSBs that applied.
There was nothing wrong with the clutch packs.
There was nothing wrong with the rear-end.

I didn't know anything about what the DSB was or would do.

After reading and researching here and elsewhere I was able to take a course of action that solved my problem.

Since that time I have tried to help some others that are in a similar situation. I try to give as accurate and unemotional info as I can to return the favor I recieved.

That being said, there are some people that just go over the top and post on every Ford site and rant and rave about how they were screwed over and how the dealer is slime etc...etc...etc...etc.(not trying to point a finger at anybody in particular) I can understand the frustration involved and try to just look past it. If it seems as though there are alot of negitive posts try to find the peices of information that you find valuable-there is alot of it here.

Quick Reply: Another Ford F-150 web site?