1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

E150 Van sliding door exterior track guide

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 05:50 PM
haleakala
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need a replacement part for the sliding door - it's for my wife's uncle who has a wheelchair lift and is disabled and can't leave the house because his van's door won't close easily. The problem is in the door guide in the middle exterior of the door, the part looks like a little trolley with a small wheel that rides along the horizontal rail, it is attached to the door with a bent round bar. When you try to shut the door, the guide rotates in the track due to a busted piece on the back end of the trolley, and it gets wedged in the track and prevents the door from moving. You can see the round bar that's attached to the door rotate when it gets wedged. If I push the round bar to prevent it from rotating while also closing the door, I can slide the door closed. I need this piece, but he siad the mechanic told him it's no longer available from Ford, can someone verify this or tell me what the part is called? I'm sure this has happened to others here, does anyone have a solution? Is a junkyard the only source? How do I remove the trolley from the exterior track? Can I fix the damaged part on my own? Thanks for any responses.

Old 12-17-2002, 10:10 PM
workinovertime
New User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 17-Dec-02 AT 11:14 PM (EST)]Always Learning
The Junk yard is a great source in my part of the country, Colorado. You could call one up and if they have one, ask them if they will let you watch when they pull it out. There were a few in great shape in the one near me.
When I got a drivers door and seat for my 82 E150 the guy even helped me switch them out right there in the yard. Those doors are pretty heavy for one person. I will be greatful forever.

Good luck,
Grant

:-X12

Old 12-18-2002, 02:32 PM
haleakala
New User

I contacted the local Ford dealership and they were nice enough to fax an exploded view of the parts, from Section 200 "Sliding Door Track Parts", P-13006.

268B19 $6.00 (This is the little plastic-looking piece that I think is what is broken and is jamming inside the rail. I'm pretty sure it's plastic, the broken piece on the van is painted blue, but where the fracture is it's white. It is bolted onto the rear of the "trolley" that glides along the horizontal rail via an attached roller).

268842 ( it might read 268B42) $81.00 (This is the trolley chassis that rides in that track on the side of the door. I'm not sure if this is the culprit. It doesn't appear to come with the piece above or any of the other pieces attached to it.)

268840 (maybe 268B42?)$?.?? ( the roller that rolls on the track. I
don't think I need this either.)

There are actually a lot of little parts but it's so hard to tell since they have a p/n for every nut bolt and washer. But you can also get the whole assy which includes that exterior round bar arm that is attached to the door and the entire "trolley" and even some other piece inside the door that really looks like it has some coil spring in there, that p/n is called assy group 26800 and it lists for $207.00.

My best guess is the $6.00 part is causing this problem, I might be able to do a little more research and find out if this piece can be removed w/o actually removing the entire door. It's just not that clear to me from the picture.

Old 12-18-2002, 05:17 PM
Franklin2
Received 1,678 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Old 12-18-2002, 11:46 PM
workinovertime
New User

I am keeping record of all your efforts thanks for your updates. Never know when my door is going to turn the corner. I have 225,000 on mine.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:47 PM
crazy49920
New User
sliding door

Originally Posted by haleakala
I need a replacement part for the sliding door - it's for my wife's uncle who has a wheelchair lift and is disabled and can't leave the house because his van's door won't close easily. The problem is in the door guide in the middle exterior of the door, the part looks like a little trolley with a small wheel that rides along the horizontal rail, it is attached to the door with a bent round bar. When you try to shut the door, the guide rotates in the track due to a busted piece on the back end of the trolley, and it gets wedged in the track and prevents the door from moving. You can see the round bar that's attached to the door rotate when it gets wedged. If I push the round bar to prevent it from rotating while also closing the door, I can slide the door closed. I need this piece, but he siad the mechanic told him it's no longer available from Ford, can someone verify this or tell me what the part is called? I'm sure this has happened to others here, does anyone have a solution? Is a junkyard the only source? How do I remove the trolley from the exterior track? Can I fix the damaged part on my own? Thanks for any responses.
....that wheel you talked about has to be changed or at least taken off and turned around that is the reason the door wont work right the plastic slide on the part is probably wore out too you can turn the wheel around but its a temp fix to change it open the door part way and support the bottom the round u shaped piece has a nut on the top on the door side take that off and the u rod will come off but not very easy there's a nut on the back of the wheel take it off and turn or replace it (i recomend replacement) i turned the wheel around and it only lasted a couple months then it broke the wheel mount and i had more to fix....this wont be very easy to fix so have paitence.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:51 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
You do realize the previous post was made 15 years ago?

Old 02-09-2017, 07:05 PM
crazy49920
New User
no i didn't guess i wasted my time i was looking for parts and i came across this post and thought i'd help..trust me i wont do that again

Old 02-09-2017, 07:06 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
You won't help? Never again????