Hey all, been a long time

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 08:24 AM
Inda Bonda
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all, been a long time

How's it going folks? Sorry I haven't been here in a long long time. Since the last time I was here, my father-in-law died and my grandma went a little crazy and was admitted to the hospital and Our Lady of Peace. We won't go any further than that.

I haven't done anything to the truck since the intake and exhaust. I won't be able to do anything to the truck this coming year since the wife wants new furniture. But I have $300 to burn and I'm looking to purchase some things for the truck. It doesn't have to be performance upgrades (maybe a chip) but maybe something cosmetic (I hope that sounds macho).

I was thinking about some exterior tail lights (any suggestions?), wood grain kit, new pedals. What do you all think?

For those who forgot I have a 2001 SCAB with 39k.

Again, sorry for the long absence. I hope to be back in the saddle again.

BTW: Is Tom still on here? Last I heard was that he was having some trouble with his truck and was thinking about getting a Dodge. Busa was his name.

Old 12-31-2004, 09:39 AM
true4.2
Postmaster
Tom was gone for a while and then popped back in for a little while, and now I haven't seen or heard from him in weeks. I don't think he's getting a Dodge...he actually figured his problem out though. Something about when he SeaFoamed his truck, it did more damage than help.

Anyways, glad to have you back...I know where you can get some white-faced gauges for like $50.00 brand new if you're interested.

Old 12-31-2004, 12:09 PM
horizonhuskies
Posting Guru
I personally ove the carbon fiber tails on my '00 black scab. To pick a particular kind of tail, think of what would look best with your trucks color. I hate euros on dark colord trucks. Looks bad.

Try ebay for NIB, or new in box, items for much cheaper. Search for 97-03 taillights. Good to have you back man.

Garrett

Old 12-31-2004, 01:25 PM
rmanTX
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got white, with the clear euros. I personally never really like euros, but i gave it a chance and i think it looks great. Like garrett said, the CF tails on a black or charcoal look great.

for 300 you could also look into a chip, soft tonneau, dash kit like you said, the possiblities are endless. just open up a Stylin Concepts catalog or JC Whitney for more ideas. Even Truckin' magazine or something of the sort.

And tom, well he's been MIA for over a month.... Wish he was around though, I want to ask him some q's about his lift kit....

Rman

Old 01-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Inda Bonda
Senior User
I believe this is what I'm going to do:

Save the $300 till my tax refund is here. Take a little of that (maybe $500) and add that to the $300 and get a new grill, wood dash kit, taillights, white face dash (have to find someone to install it) and maybe a chip.