Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Regarding Chapter Nominations

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Regarding Chapter Nominations

Has anyone asked Justin if he is interested? It's easy to say I'll be your leader, but you still have to have someone willing to follow up with the expectations of the chapter organization, as per Ken's expectations.

One reason, among the many, that I decided to finally resign... should be evident among the many posts requesting assistance from the other state members. And getting nothing for a willing response from anyone. It was as if everyone thought the whole chapter thing was a big joke or something. With only the exception of a few of us who took it seriously.

So, in saying... make sure the person you nominate is willing to try to organize, try to get the members to actually read the posts in the chapter forum and then figure a way to get them to DO something, to participate.

Not being a Negative Nelly here ... just telling you how it is ... or in my case as leader .. wasn't. So good luck ... but ... I'd wait for anyone you nominate to accept and give a response before getting too excited.

Heck .. Montana is large enough to have it's own regional chapters. It's more than a full day's drive from Kalispell to Billings. Not one that many people are going to be willing to do more than once a year..if that often. Look at how many people showed up for the "meet" we tried to organize in Kalispell last Fall. Tim and I. And we live here, so it was easy. Where were the rest of the chapter? We listed the event for months in advance.

Matter of fact, ND and SD and Wyoming are all large states also. It's easy back east to have meetings when you only have to drive maybe a hundred or so miles every now and then. But when youre talking 300 miles or more one way ...hmmm. Food for thought.

So... again ... good luck and hopefully things will work out better for you all than it did me. I'll keep an eye on things and be willing to manage the store or close it and make a Montana Chapter Store. But someone else gets to design the logo and do all the work this time. You can send me the final design and I'll set up another store. Or if ya want, someone else can have the learning experience. It isn't all that hard once you figure out the image sizes for each article of clothing or whatever you offer for sale.

Old 06-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Dick, I will always make sure the person who has been nominated is aware & let them post it here or the top thread that they are willing.

Just because a name has been nominated doesn't mean that name will stick.

Specific regions of the state are a must to be successful as a state chapter.

Old 06-19-2005, 05:37 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I knew you'd be watching the chapter for a while, with the nominations going on. I just wanted to share some thoughts in advance, for the next leaders to give some thought to. If my note here seems that I was frustrated, its true... I felt like I was flogging a dead horse. So, I wanted to make sure that whoever takes charge, knows that there's going to be lots of thought and effort needed to get participation flowing. LOL ... I sure didn't have the knack to get her going well.

Old 06-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
It seems like some people only want to be part of something that's already successful.

It takes a deep interest in making things into something successful.

Old 06-21-2005, 03:25 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Definitely do not feel alone in the lack of participation angle. i have yet to understand why people that complain about the meetings being somewhere else all the time don't show up when we put one in their back yard... Many of the chapters are struggling with the same questions and problems. It is VERY frustrating to try and get things going, and lack of participation online, and less offline.