Computer Chips & Tuners  

SCMT on 4.6 Expedition '03

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 12:42 PM
bddo
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SCMT on 4.6 Expedition '03

I currently have the TriTune SuperChips Tuner on my '00 F250 Superduty. The performance gain has been great. I've been toying with the idea of taking it off my truck and putting it on the wife's '03 Expy, just to see how much of an improvement I would get with it...

Has anyone used this tuner on the 4.6 in an Expy, and if so, what were your impressions with its performance?

Thanks.

Old 12-14-2004, 09:01 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You're actually more likely to get responses about experience from 4.6 owners who have done this on the F-150 and Expedition sections. Most people come into this section, ask a few chip/tuner questions and then go back to the sections they normally hang in.

Yes, the tuner will work well with it (I assume your F-250 has a gas engine). In many ways better than it does with the Super Duty because the weight ratio.

Old 12-14-2004, 04:46 PM
bddo
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by webmaster
You're actually more likely to get responses about experience from 4.6 owners who have done this on the F-150 and Expedition sections. Most people come into this section, ask a few chip/tuner questions and then go back to the sections they normally hang in.

Yes, the tuner will work well with it (I assume your F-250 has a gas engine). In many ways better than it does with the Super Duty because the weight ratio.
Thanks Ken... I originally posted in the Expy forum, but only got one response which was to post here..

My SD has the V10, and the programmer has worked great. My wife has just complained about the lack of power in the 4.6, and I thought that the programmer might help it to perform more like a 5.4. Plus, she's alot better at keeping her foot out of the gas than I am!!!!

I think I'll remove the program from my SD, add it to her Expy (without her knowing it), and she if she notices a difference.... Hopefully, she will notice it soon as I don't want to go without it for very long!!!!