Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Chapter Leader

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 12:33 AM
rikfish
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chapter Leader

Well Colorado, it looks like we need to get a Chapter Leader before June 1, or this chapter will be closed.

Anyone want to step up for the job? Probably (IMO) best to have someone in the Denver metro area if possible, since that is where most of our people live.

ANYONE?

Old 05-22-2004, 01:31 AM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
I know i cant do it, and personally, i think it is sad that an internet resource is going to no longer be available to us because we cannot transfer it to a " real life club" Personally, if i wanted to, or had the time to belong to a club i would have joined one, nut all i have time for is this, an internet message board and information center. Might be just me....seems like this is reaching the line between convienence, and inconvenience...the line between feasable, and just out of reach, i would like to see this chapter stay around, and think it is unfortunent that the transistion from internet to life wasnt an option ....
---JOHN

Old 05-31-2004, 06:12 AM
campinrig
Freshman User
I know I'm new to this site, but I would hate to see this chapter leave. I would be willing to apply for this position if possible. How ever I live in Fort Collins, so I don't know if this would be a problem.

Old 05-31-2004, 09:56 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
my vote to camping...

Old 05-31-2004, 10:13 PM
campinrig
Freshman User
Thanks for the Vote!

Old 05-31-2004, 10:21 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Fort collins is pretty much in the middle of the state as far as i am concerned, would be nice to have this chapter, i have a big build coming up, all im waiting for is MONEY, tne im going to start a decent restors of my 79 250, im dropping in a 429, going to have it built with low compression, so i can put a blower on top of her, might go with a dual carb set up, hedders, the whole 9 yards...4 inch suspension lift, with 35's, re do the bad parts of the body, paint it a good black, get some captains chairs, a rollcage, some 5-points, and call her done. But i Could use more ideas, always...since i am saving the cash to do it all now, it is going to make a killer winter project....
---JOHN

Old 05-31-2004, 11:05 PM
campinrig
Freshman User
Yeah, the lack of money seems to slow a lot of things down. Well John I can't wait to see how she turns out. Anything I can do to help....feel free to let me know.

--Brad

Old 05-31-2004, 11:20 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by campinrig
I know I'm new to this site, but I would hate to see this chapter leave. I would be willing to apply for this position if possible. How ever I live in Fort Collins, so I don't know if this would be a problem.
Thanks campinrig, you have my vote as well. I thought about it, but I just don't have the time right now myself. I am in Pueblo, would be happy to help as I can down here in southern Co.

Contact Mil1on or Ken now. I don't think there will be a problem.....

Old 06-01-2004, 05:56 AM
campinrig
Freshman User
I wasn't real sure how to contact them, so I posted a reply on the main thread for chapter leader: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=235968Thanks guys,
Brad Conklin

Old 06-01-2004, 06:34 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
COntact

I think there is a section that ken reads every day, user feedback, if i recall right, or you might be able to e-mail him thru FTE ...Look in his user info for a way to do so
---JOHN

Old 06-01-2004, 08:37 PM
campinrig
Freshman User
Sorry john, I can't e-mail yet..lol I have to be a member for 15 days first. Do you think you could pass along the info for me? I'd post my phone, and personal e-mail, but I don't want to get in trouble.

Old 06-01-2004, 09:24 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Ill bring this to his attentioon right now. Thanks once again for volunteering to become our chapter leader, i know it is appreciated.
--JOHN

Old 06-02-2004, 06:14 AM
fordborn
Post Fiend

When you have chosen your leader you will need to notify Ken "webmaster" by email. That is the best and fastest way to get the word to him. With all the posts coming in everyday there is no way he can read all of them.

This is his post in the general chapter discussion:

Chapter leaders, meetings, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As part of the effort to get the Chapter process moving so I can introduce Chapter features....

1. Every Chapter that has already elected a leader needs to contact me with the leader's user id.
2. Chapters which have not yet elected a leader need to do so by May 15th. 3. Chapters with a leader need to setup their first offline meeting to take place before June 1st. See https://www.ford-trucks.com/chapters.php for details. The meeting schedule after that is entirely up to the chapter.

Chapters without a leader by June 1st will be closed until someone steps forward to handle it.

If you are in need of FTE logo artwork for your Chapter let me know and I'll email a high-resolution image file. Per the Chapter guidelines, Chapters may use the FTE logo and domains in unmodified form with prior approval from FTE for each project. If your Chapter has banners, cards, etc., planned or completed please send me an image of it for final approval.

Hope this helps and congrats to your chapter and leader

Old 06-02-2004, 09:40 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Were not in Kansas anymore

Thanks, i came here tonight to see if Ken read the post yet, it looks like he didnt, so i e-mailed him..Thanks for youre tip, i was a step ahead of you, hope everything in your Kansas Chapter goes well for you, I know we can handle ours..

---JOHN

Old 06-02-2004, 10:21 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!! on your nomination , stop by and read what some of us other chapters are doing.........once again, glad to have you onboard.

Ray

Quick Reply: Chapter Leader