A,Z and X Plan Pricing..who can provide me one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Carolina Rider
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A,Z and X Plan Pricing..who can provide me one?

Ford employees are about to find out how many friends they have.

In hopes of boosting car sales and turning its entire work force into salespeople, Ford is letting workers and retirees hand out more discounts to friends.

PLAN SAVINGS
Ford Motor Co. has expanded its employee discount plan, giving workers the ability to offer discounts to more friends and family members. The A- and Z-Plans, a discount for employees, retirees and immediate family members, offers vehicles for about 3 percent below dealer cost. The X-Plan, a discount plan for friends and more distant family members of Ford workers, offers vehicles closer to dealer cost. X-Plan discounts vary from model to model. Buyers can subtract factory rebates and other discounts from plan prices. Here is an example of savings available on the 2004 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4:
Manufacturer's suggested retail price: $35,400

X-Plan price: $32,300

Savings: $3,100

A- or Z-Plan price: $30,900

Savings: $4,500

Ford offers $4,500 back on the vehicle, bringing total savings to $7,600 for X-Plan buyers and $9,000 for A- and Z-Plan buyers.

Source: Downtown Ford

"We want our employees to help us launch our new products," Ford spokeswoman Beverly Thacker said of the Ford 500 sedan, the Mustang sports car, the Freestyle crossover vehicle and the Louisville-built F-Series Super Duty pickup line.

Deborah Sanders, owner of a cleaning business in Louisville, said she has known Ford employees for years but never received a discount until Saturday when she bought a Ford Escape sport utility vehicle.

"I didn't know (the discounts) existed until my salesman asked me if I had any friends at Ford," Sanders said. A phone call to family friend David Jenkins, a material handling supervisor at the Louisville Assembly Plant on Fern Valley Road, lowered the price on the Escape to $18,000 from $21,000. And she still received a factory rebate and low-interest financing.

Traditionally, Ford employees and retirees have received eight discounts per year — four heavily discounted vehicles for immediate family members under programs called A- or Z-Plans and four less-discounted vehicles for friends and more-distant family members (the X-Plan).

Thacker said many employees and retirees were not using all of their discounts for immediate family members because they did not have enough family to buy four cars each year. So Ford is letting workers and retirees offer up to six of the lesser discounts this year by sacrificing two immediate-family discounts.

Ford has nearly 10,000 hourly and salaried employees in the area at its Kentucky Truck Plant in eastern Louisville and the Louisville Assembly Plant. The company also said it has nearly 2,000 retirees in the area.

Being able to offer six of the less-restricted discounts instead of four means up to 72,000 people in and around Louisville could benefit from X-Plan discounts this year, up from 48,000 last year.

Jenkins said he has consistently handed out his X-Plan discounts but not all of his immediate-family ones (A-Plan).

"I used all of my A-Plans and X-Plans last year and all of my X-Plans for the past several years, so I've probably sponsored 20 people (for discounts) in the last five or six years," Jenkins said. He has been with Ford for 31 years.

Ford dealers are excited about the possibility of increased sales. (Ford sends dealers rebates to cover the discounts.)

"The majority of our sales are A-, X- or Z-Plan because we do have such as large base in the area," said Jean Weihe, sales manager of Carriage Ford in Clarksville, Ind. "I'm sure this will help sales. We do have some customers who run out of (discount offers) before the year ends."

Bob Copas, sales manager at Byerly Ford in Louisville, said nearly all of his dealership's sales involve some kind of employee discount. (Ford also offers discounts to dealer employees and some supplier employees.)

"It's quite important to us," Copas said. Discounts "could be as high as 95 percent of our sales."

Ford is offering a gift to all employees who use all of their discounts — a model of the $150,000 Ford GT sports car signed by company Chief Executive Bill Ford Jr.

I am looking to buy a new Ford Truck, any employee able to help me set up A or X Plan ??

Old 12-05-2004, 01:46 PM
Tell3131
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Carolina Rider
Ford employees are about to find out how many friends they have.

In hopes of boosting car sales and turning its entire work force into salespeople, Ford is letting workers and retirees hand out more discounts to friends.

PLAN SAVINGS
Ford Motor Co. has expanded its employee discount plan, giving workers the ability to offer discounts to more friends and family members. The A- and Z-Plans, a discount for employees, retirees and immediate family members, offers vehicles for about 3 percent below dealer cost. The X-Plan, a discount plan for friends and more distant family members of Ford workers, offers vehicles closer to dealer cost. X-Plan discounts vary from model to model. Buyers can subtract factory rebates and other discounts from plan prices. Here is an example of savings available on the 2004 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4:
Manufacturer's suggested retail price: $35,400

X-Plan price: $32,300

Savings: $3,100

A- or Z-Plan price: $30,900

Savings: $4,500

Ford offers $4,500 back on the vehicle, bringing total savings to $7,600 for X-Plan buyers and $9,000 for A- and Z-Plan buyers.

Source: Downtown Ford

"We want our employees to help us launch our new products," Ford spokeswoman Beverly Thacker said of the Ford 500 sedan, the Mustang sports car, the Freestyle crossover vehicle and the Louisville-built F-Series Super Duty pickup line.

Deborah Sanders, owner of a cleaning business in Louisville, said she has known Ford employees for years but never received a discount until Saturday when she bought a Ford Escape sport utility vehicle.

"I didn't know (the discounts) existed until my salesman asked me if I had any friends at Ford," Sanders said. A phone call to family friend David Jenkins, a material handling supervisor at the Louisville Assembly Plant on Fern Valley Road, lowered the price on the Escape to $18,000 from $21,000. And she still received a factory rebate and low-interest financing.

Traditionally, Ford employees and retirees have received eight discounts per year — four heavily discounted vehicles for immediate family members under programs called A- or Z-Plans and four less-discounted vehicles for friends and more-distant family members (the X-Plan).

Thacker said many employees and retirees were not using all of their discounts for immediate family members because they did not have enough family to buy four cars each year. So Ford is letting workers and retirees offer up to six of the lesser discounts this year by sacrificing two immediate-family discounts.

Ford has nearly 10,000 hourly and salaried employees in the area at its Kentucky Truck Plant in eastern Louisville and the Louisville Assembly Plant. The company also said it has nearly 2,000 retirees in the area.

Being able to offer six of the less-restricted discounts instead of four means up to 72,000 people in and around Louisville could benefit from X-Plan discounts this year, up from 48,000 last year.

Jenkins said he has consistently handed out his X-Plan discounts but not all of his immediate-family ones (A-Plan).

"I used all of my A-Plans and X-Plans last year and all of my X-Plans for the past several years, so I've probably sponsored 20 people (for discounts) in the last five or six years," Jenkins said. He has been with Ford for 31 years.

Ford dealers are excited about the possibility of increased sales. (Ford sends dealers rebates to cover the discounts.)

"The majority of our sales are A-, X- or Z-Plan because we do have such as large base in the area," said Jean Weihe, sales manager of Carriage Ford in Clarksville, Ind. "I'm sure this will help sales. We do have some customers who run out of (discount offers) before the year ends."

Bob Copas, sales manager at Byerly Ford in Louisville, said nearly all of his dealership's sales involve some kind of employee discount. (Ford also offers discounts to dealer employees and some supplier employees.)

"It's quite important to us," Copas said. Discounts "could be as high as 95 percent of our sales."

Ford is offering a gift to all employees who use all of their discounts — a model of the $150,000 Ford GT sports car signed by company Chief Executive Bill Ford Jr.

I am looking to buy a new Ford Truck, any employee able to help me set up A or X Plan ??
You can only get X Plan, unless you are related to a Ford employee. . . This is nothing new.