Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Any Kentucky Lurkers out there?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 02:52 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hi Scott> Glad to see you could come visit. NOt to bad a truck you got there. A good base to start to turn it into a work of art.

THere are members to FTE. Inside this big group we have little sub-groups divided up by states. YOu have stumbled upon the Ohio/Kentucky chapter of FTE. Ray(f=2504by497) is the chapter leader and I am trying to get a Kentucky chapter started with Ray's help and FTE"s blessing. That said we like getting together everyonce in a while. We drink, eat, drink, talk, drink, swap stories and drink. What we actually do is just have a darn good time discussing something we enjoy. Are trucks, life and FTE. Three of us met at Dave and Busters and had a great time. Ray had brought his son along and I think he had a blast also.

If we can get a few more people interested we might try to get a meeting of some Kentucky people together .... WHat say after the holidays when you have your famiels taken care of. Anyone interested????????/

Old 12-11-2004, 09:28 AM
MrMando
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Sorry I missed the fun. I am sure you guys hit a few of the driving games. I would be very interested in participating in the KY chapter. What do you guys think about a once a month meeting? Say the second Sunday of the month or something like that.

Another idea to consider... say once a month we all gather to help one of the members work in their vehicle. Unfortunately I do not have a garage but I do have some tools. I think it would be fun to help each other make our trucks the best they can be and have a few beers along the way.

OK, these are just ideas for consideration. Please let me know the next time you guys meet.
Happy Holidays to everyone!

Old 12-11-2004, 10:23 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
thats the spirit Scott we get eight more embers like that and we got us a chapter if Ken and Dennis agree.

Thats not to bad of an idea about the meetings, just remember we might have members doown in Paduchah, Morehead or Corbin just to name a few areas. So if all wanted to attend we should move the meetings around to be fair to all. Let's keep drumming up some more interest and go forward.

Old 12-11-2004, 11:06 AM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Ryan Geez , I see that your still at it...tst tsk tsk..

No really if you guy's can get 5 active members and a leader , Dennis will give you guy's your own chapter, and I will back you on it and this could happen very quickly for you all If you want it too.

And for my .02's worth I feel that rwegh would make a good leader for you all.

We all had a good time at D&B's last night. Its great to be able have git together's like this......

Old 12-20-2004, 10:34 PM
lightstar
Freshman User
I'm sure we have at least 5 members now, thier just spread out.

Old 12-21-2004, 11:56 PM
RRobben
Junior User
Make it 6!

Hey guys! I'm down in Louisville. I haven't seen anyone else on the site from this area of KY yet, but I'll bet they are out there!

Old 12-22-2004, 01:10 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Thumbs up

Guys I'm interested in starting the Ky chapter. Read this link to see if you fit in the membership criteria. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=296418

If you meet the criteria pm me and I will set about making the draft up to propose this to Ken. I believe Ray has stated that he would back us. I could be wrong. Maybe he just wants to get rid of us. As I stated in an earlier post I am drafting a letter to send to other ky members to gauge their interest.

Old 12-22-2004, 06:27 PM
lightstar
Freshman User
I'M in OKALONA OFF BLUELICK RD & South Park

Old 12-22-2004, 11:02 PM
RRobben
Junior User
Cool. I knew there would be someone from Louisville out there! Try to stay warm and out of the snow! ( Although it does provide us with a good opportunity to pull stranded Jeeps out of ditches!)

Old 12-22-2004, 11:05 PM
khendrix
Senior User
Madisonville Kentucky Here!

And this snow is unreal. Western Ky has about a foot of snow right now. Hasnt happened in years.

Old 12-23-2004, 05:23 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Luv the snow I've already pulled three people out today. And yes 1 was a jeep.

Old 12-23-2004, 05:28 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
lightstar your in between Ferncreek and Fairdale right? if so I know your whereabouts just not to famillar with the area. I was more famillar with thte old seventh or was that second street district. It is a haze trying to remember to much. Just a lot of red light and a church and a cop.