1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

our bond to our rides

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 07:31 PM
six7seta
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy our bond to our rides

well tonight i had the worst experiance and at the same the best. i went to look at the 52 F2 and 51 F1 and decided to get them... but that ment my 65 fairlane had to go. now no one will ever understand why car junkies like us are so attached to our rides. my 65 was a hunk of junk every way possible... sum it all shortly it need about $6000 of work to make it road worthy once again... so she had to be scrapped. now taking a saw to her was the hardest think ive ever had to do in my life, and im sure a lot of you guys understand where I'm comming from on that. but as i threw the last bit of her into the pile i realized that no one i know will understand why i was so upset doing that i had done... how no one understands that bond. why we get mad, cry and so torn up over our trucks and cars.... and its simple because we see them as more then a somthing to get us from point A to B. so i hope this F2 can fill that hole, and hope that none of you will ever have to do what i did. RIP mySIXfive

Last edited by six7seta; 11-26-2004 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:11 PM
huronfarmer
Senior User
it really is like losing a best friend when u have to part with a "toy"....think about it...whenever uve had a bad day, what do you do? go work on the effie and take the frustration out on some rusted up bolts (end up slippin, losing some skin on the knuckles, but oh well...), on a good day, vacation maybe, you go out and work on something, improve it, restore it, whatever the case maybe....have one of the best days of ur life when u get ur "toy" all dressed up like u want it, take the lady friend out....take it to car shows and get all the "oooohs" and "aaahhhs".......its the one thing thats always there for you...go on a long cruise with the windows down and the stereo up when uve had a nerve-racking day....its just always there, the one friend some people never have the joy of having.

Old 11-26-2004, 10:08 PM
six7seta
Senior User
ya, you put it into much better words then i did, sadly mine never got to see the road, when i bought it, it was heading towards the junk yard.... 5 years later, ironicly, thats where it still heading.

Old 11-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Rustickles
Freshman User
Dreams and Vision, That's what we see in our "junk", thats what keeps us holding on to things that others dismiss as useless. To massage and polish a heap into a diamond is a great satisfaction to us all.

Old 11-26-2004, 10:41 PM
Goobzilla
Elder User
Originally Posted by Rustickles
Dreams and Vision, That's what we see in our "junk", thats what keeps us holding on to things that others dismiss as useless. To massage and polish a heap into a diamond is a great satisfaction to us all.
Some of my junk may never make it to the diamond stage, but that doesn't keep me from loving them all. Some people may think I'm a little crazy, but at least my wife is very supportive of my old car habit.

Ron
http://rons55ford.blogspot.com