Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Attn: Proposed new O.C./F.T.E. logo - please view

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 09:50 PM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

I've thrown a few ideas out there. The feedback has been absolutely positive and I appreciate that. Seems like most prefer one of the first 3 versions or would like to see some combination of that style. The last few that I threw up either haven't yet had alot of views or simply aren't as popular (to view all proposed versions thus far: https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...&albumid=13357).

Ray,

If the group finds it necessary, I'd be happy to put together one or two more options. However, I'd need some input first to give me some direction...something different than what has already been proposed OR some alterations to what we have already?

I would implore everyone to get their input in ASAP. I know more than a few have mentioned they'd be interested in getting some of these items for the upcoming holidays. I don't know how fast you can turn this around, Ray, but I'm guessing you'd need a week or two to fill an order of any size.

This would barely give you time to take orders and ship the items. This thread has had 10 times the views as it has had posts although I don't know what kind of indicator that is as to how many would be interested in purchasing from the store.

Remember too, that any logo we chose, I'll have to make into a hi-res "final" file for the printers to use AND I'd like to make a few variations to fit the media (for instance, a long rectangle for bumper stickers or a more square version for screen printing. Maybe even a circled version, similar to one of the options, but looking like whatever version we choose.)

We also haven't received an answer on the big shirt sizes. Is it possible for someone to send in a shirt (one that fits them, for instance) for printing, or is that a dumb idea?

Also, depending on how fast the printing can be turned around, we should probably limit the voting to a short time.

Lastly, items for the holidays may be a good idea, but should not be our only driving force. We should not let ourselves become too hasty and end up with a product we're not happy with.

Thank you for your time and please submit your opinion on this (as if you needed an invitation to do that, right?)...

Randy

Last edited by RUNVS; 11-28-2004 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:36 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
thanks randy,
on the large shirts , I talked to a lady at the swap meet who does embroidery, and she said sizing and jackets are no problem and pricing seems fair, but cash or money orders only, and I don't think it would be a problem with her using a shirt or jacket that would be sent to her. but i need to find out what format the logo needs to be in, she has one of those computer sewing machines.

as far as to getting the store going, a couple of days at most.

How the store works is by indivual orders, please look at this stores link, and see the items avaible for ordering.

http://www.cafepress.com/hpdrifters

and like randy said we need to make some decisions...so i'm starting a new thread and it is for which design you like only, this thread will continue for discussion's on the store, design changes etc..etc... okay? also i will annouce which designs will be submitted to FTE, hmmm on second thought i'm going to pick one and send it to Ken/dennis tonight, this will make sure we are on track....i'm sure any changes will be minor if at all...

bumper stickers randy lets know what you come up with.

once again Randy thank you, if you was a girl i'd kiss you and send some roses,but instead the cold ones are on me at the next meeting that we meet at...{hmmm...randy could be a girls name, but then it would be spelled with a I} jus J/kin

Old 11-28-2004, 11:14 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm impressed

I prefer # 2 as the flag doesn't interfere with the 1st O in Ohio.

That #7 looks great as artwork too.. but I think it is Too Busy for a T-shirt or logo'd products.

Old 11-29-2004, 08:13 AM
Stanstruck
Senior User
Well I don't see a thread for suggestions other than this one, so I'll ask for one more view.
How about a blue border on the big "O" as opposed to the gray. I like that one too...
...then I'll vote.

thanks Randy!
Stan.

Old 12-01-2004, 06:28 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Okay Guy's I got a reply back from Ken the design of the O.C. logo,

Please do not take this the wrong..........Okay?

We will deal with this in the proper manner, we just need to do a little work and....well here read it for yourselves and then we will decide on what to do..

Originally Posted by f=2504by497
Dennis,
i'm sending to Ken & you for approvel,
i want to be sure that we are going in the right direction as far as the FTE copyrights are concerned, please let me know what you think,. on a side note we may modify the design but i will send in an offical logo when we have it finalized.

Thank you for you time.
RAY

reply from the Webmaster

They all look great! Any one of them would be fine.

Old 12-01-2004, 09:17 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
cool, we just need to pick one now it sounds like

Old 12-02-2004, 12:35 AM
Ford Louisville
Junior User
Originally Posted by f=2504by497
Hi Ford Louisville, { new member guy's}
There will be a bumper sticker, maybe a couple of differant options.

okay, guy"s are we ready for a poll or do we want to see afew more designs, that is if runvs is willing....

now we may end up having a couple of options for the store when it goes for approvel.

next is if its possible , runvs would you design a Kentucky logo? we do have 2 active members here.....Rewegh and Ford Louisville here now..any imput form you Two on this?
I like it just the way it is. I've been hauling salt out of Cleveland, not gettimg my normal sleep so any creative suggestions if I thought would help are not going to happen. Thanks for asking though.