6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Anyone Using Bullydog On Your 6.0L?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 09:30 AM
PAN
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Using Bullydog On Your 6.0L?

Just was wondering if anyone has experimented with any bullydog products. A few guys around here are using bullydog chips cause there is a dealer near that sells them. The are having excellent luck with them and are stacking them with a programmer. The guys around here are the only people I've seen use them. Anyone on here try it yet?

Old 11-19-2004, 10:02 AM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PAN
Just was wondering if anyone has experimented with any bullydog products. A few guys around here are using bullydog chips cause there is a dealer near that sells them. The are having excellent luck with them and are stacking them with a programmer. The guys around here are the only people I've seen use them. Anyone on here try it yet?
Before I say anything about Bullydog, I would advise you to stay away from any place that is stacking modules. I have done it with several units- it is stupid any way you go, unless they are both CUSTOM TUNED by the company that produced each in order to make the timing and fuel pulsewidth curves match. This is engine suicide; I woulud strongly advise that you DO NOT do that, and that you stay away from any shop that does- that is a huge indicator they have no clue what they are doing.

As for the Bullydog units, we have an early FICM piggyback unit on our 2003 F550 AATAC Slideback, and it has worked great. The early units had the same shifting problems as some of the units now, but the truck is a manual so we have never had any problems. It makes great power, and so far it has not failed like most of the earlier units. I would say if that is what you are looking for, go for it, they are good solid units. Go find yourself another dealer that sells them, and take a look at thier dyno dominator boxes and the outlook monitor.

Old 11-19-2004, 11:32 AM
PAN
Senior User
I agree with you PSD, stacking untis not meant to go together is a no no. I wonder if SC could custom burn a chip to be matched with a juice/attitude combo?

Old 11-19-2004, 03:11 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PAN
I agree with you PSD, stacking untis not meant to go together is a no no. I wonder if SC could custom burn a chip to be matched with a juice/attitude combo?
I have been working on that one, but I don't know how it will turn out...speaking of that, I need to make some phone calls.

IF you can get them to do it, I think it will work GREAT. The two behave nearly to the opposite of one another, and if you could combine them, the entire powerband will be ridiculous.

Old 11-19-2004, 07:35 PM
obxdieseldoctor
Freshman User
i have a sct custom stacker tune to go with my bdog 160 chip,they work very well ,feel free to pm me for info

Old 11-20-2004, 05:12 AM
obxdieseldoctor
Freshman User
psd for some reason i cant respond to your pm i can rad it but every time i resspond it says invalid user,i think pan got the info hope he will share the info with you,if he cant let me know and il try again in a few days.

Old 11-20-2004, 06:03 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by obxdieseldoctor
psd for some reason i cant respond to your pm i can rad it but every time i resspond it says invalid user,i think pan got the info hope he will share the info with you,if he cant let me know and il try again in a few days.
Go into user options and make sure it is is on

Old 11-20-2004, 09:54 PM
unclmike
New User
Thumbs up bullydog is a good dog

Yeah I installed Bullys unit on my 01/04 PSD CC IT HAS 3 SETTING STOCK/65 H.P. AND 115H.P.VERY GOOD Preformance considering the time and exspense involved.The 115 setting seems to pop and spit under full throtle at first then it runs like a bat....The installation is alittle involved and the unit does need to be removed before any service work is done.I usually keep it at the 65 h.p. level so as not to create to much confusion to the processing unit .Apparently, The truck seems to like having it set at one level and not constantly changed from one setting to another.MPG was impresive at first but, then it seemed to drop off some.Maybe alittle to heavy on the load pedal or reflash may have been the cause.I dont know anyway 14 mpg city and 16 hywy not all that bad for a 8 ft bed (LWB) crew cab with cap

Old 11-21-2004, 07:09 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by unclmike
Yeah I installed Bullys unit on my 01/04 PSD CC IT HAS 3 SETTING STOCK/65 H.P. AND 115H.P.VERY GOOD Preformance considering the time and exspense involved.The 115 setting seems to pop and spit under full throtle at first then it runs like a bat....The installation is alittle involved and the unit does need to be removed before any service work is done.I usually keep it at the 65 h.p. level so as not to create to much confusion to the processing unit .Apparently, The truck seems to like having it set at one level and not constantly changed from one setting to another.MPG was impresive at first but, then it seemed to drop off some.Maybe alittle to heavy on the load pedal or reflash may have been the cause.I dont know anyway 14 mpg city and 16 hywy not all that bad for a 8 ft bed (LWB) crew cab with cap
Does it do that..right before it shifts

Old 11-22-2004, 05:31 PM
unclmike
New User
Tim do you mean like as if it was on the rev limiter? Cause it does it when you first punch it then it goes away.You can notice alittle hesitation as it goes through the upshifts but, not as bad as when you first hit it.Also, haven't used it much since it isn't my primary vehicle.