Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150
Reload this Page >

seal gasket for tailgate to keep dirty,water etc out??

Notices
2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine

Old 11-15-2004, 08:51 AM
YOMAN
Elder User
YOMAN is starting off with a positive reputation.

I have Accesscover and loving it....I checked their website for "trailseal" but its MRSP- $30 bucks.

I just wonder if Home Depot or any Hardware store has weather strip that similar to Trailseal a bit cheaper for our truck tailgate ??

any tips or suggest ??

Thanks!
YOMAN!

Old 11-15-2004, 09:32 AM
likalarry
Senior User
likalarry is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by YOMAN
I just wonder if Home Depot or any Hardware store has weather strip that similar to Trailseal a bit cheaper for our truck tailgate ??

any tips or suggest ??

YOMAN!
The aftermarket truck shop where I got my step bars also installs tons of bed caps, (the kind with windows, rear door, etc). He was out of the tailgate seal product you mentioned, so he showed me huge rolls of self-adhesive sealing foams/rubber they use to weather-seal the bed caps. Some looked like they might do the job, but I decided to wait and see how badly I need the seal. Avoid the open-cell stuff-looks like it will just attract dirt and crud and look like hell in a short while.
Larry

Old 11-15-2004, 11:51 AM
blitzen25bm
Elder User
blitzen25bm is starting off with a positive reputation.
some of the places give them to you free if you buy a tonneau off them. you can check out the insulation stuff im sure anything that will cover the gaps will work fine if it stays on.

Old 11-15-2004, 12:31 PM
Mr_ehg
New User
Mr_ehg is starting off with a positive reputation.
this might be what u r looking for...http://www.aztrucks.com/product.asp?Product=287

Old 11-15-2004, 12:42 PM
asinatra
Senior User
asinatra is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Mr_ehg
this might be what u r looking for...http://www.aztrucks.com/product.asp?Product=287
he wants to do it CHEAPER.

Old 11-15-2004, 04:40 PM
blitzen25bm
Elder User
blitzen25bm is starting off with a positive reputation.
ive seen the ones for house windows, you can check if they come thicker cause ive only seen really small strips, you can try doubling it up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.