Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

In Search of a Pickup

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 05:59 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile In Search of a Pickup

For the last 3 weeks or so, I've been looking for a good pickup to use as a daily driver. My current daily driver is a Buick LeSabre. It runs well, but it gets poor gas mileage and it's not much to look at. As far as a pickup, I'd like to get a 96 or older Ford fullsize regular cab. I'm looking for one that runs well, has NO RUST, and is reasonable in price. Needless to say, I haven't had much luck. Everything I've looked at has had rust on it, or has been overpriced. I'm about ready to give up looking and just ride it out with the old Buick!

Old 11-06-2004, 01:04 AM
mc73454
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish you luck in your quest.I just bought my '88 F150 a month ago.It came in as a trade on Friday night and I bought it Saturday morning.Now,mine has some rust and a dent on the passenger side,but I use it as a daily driver occasionally and mostly as a farm truck for the wife's horses. I was looking at a 94 F150 for $4995,but it was only 2WD and way too nice for the way I wanted to use it.
The reason I brought my truck up is the salesman told me the "newer" older trucks sell,but the "older" old trucks get snapped up in a big hurry 'cuz guys want to use them for what they were built for; haulin' stuff without worrying about denting or scratching it up.There was 1 other guy looking at the truck I bought.He wanted it for a hunting truck and I wanted a farm truck.I'd like to get a newer shiny truck,but I would be so paranoid about "breaking" it I'd go nuts,especially with the horses and my two boys.
There are some good lookin' trucks down this way,but I guess it would depend on what you thought was a reasonable price and how far you wanted to drive.I'm about 3 1/2 hours from you.
I apologize for rambling,just wanted to throw my nickel's worth in.

Old 11-15-2004, 04:35 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile The search is over!!!

Well.....I finally found a good pickup. It's a 92 Ford F150 Flareside! It's in very good condition with NO RUST. It's maroon with silver along the bottom, dark gray interior. This truck is a 302 V8 with a manual trans., and only 70,000 miles.