Sponsored by: DP Tuner

possiablely a new diesel owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 08:48 PM
keepnthepeace
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question possiablely a new diesel owner

I am concidering getting a 97 f 250 PSD that is being retired from our work fleet. It has just under 300k and is in pretty good shape. I am wondering if any one out there is running bio-diesel in similar trucks and if so are the modified. I am wanting to running biodiesel and tune the truck with bigger exhaust and injectors to liven in up some. I dont intend on raceing or compatiton pulling with it( well just a stock trailor at max 10000#). Thanks in advance.

Old 11-06-2004, 09:18 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 791 Likes on 603 Posts
Originally Posted by keepnthepeace
I am concidering getting a 97 f 250 PSD that is being retired from our work fleet. It has just under 300k and is in pretty good shape. I am wondering if any one out there is running bio-diesel in similar trucks and if so are the modified. I am wanting to running biodiesel and tune the truck with bigger exhaust and injectors to liven in up some. I dont intend on raceing or compatiton pulling with it( well just a stock trailor at max 10000#). Thanks in advance.
Bio-D would work great, you may have to carry a few extra fuel filters at first because it makes a great solvent and would clean out the system, clogging the filter pretty quick. After that it's happy motoring. There is a forum concerning alternative fuels that would be worth a read. (It would only serve to augment the finest information to be had here of course.) Do a search on FordNut47 also. He runs his 00 PSD on WVO. I've personally been to his house and he's put a lot of work into it.

Old 11-06-2004, 10:04 PM
farmb0y
Posting Guru

I was gonna mention fordnut74 as well. He's got quite a few miles under his belt with WVO and sounds like everything is going well so far. If you get biodiesel from a pump, you won't have any problem with it, assuming it is not 100%. The biggest problem with biodiesel is that it can corrode rubber and polymer seals in the engine. But these PSD's have been built with different rubbers/or fewer of them to run with low sulfer diesel, which also means that biodiesel won't affect them either. I've been running anywhere from 2-5% soy-biodiesel in my truck. The thing I don't like about it now is that it's a few cents more expensive than regular diesel, but I'm providing for my own market (soybeans) so I'll pay the few extra cents, and also knowing the many added benefits of it, it doesn't bother me at all.

Old 11-07-2004, 08:08 PM
keepnthepeace
Senior User
I am thinking of makeing my own from used frier oil. I would like to run as much bio as possable but if i have to mix it some that is better than nothing.