Alabama Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Need a little Trailer Help!

Old 11-05-2004, 06:55 PM
Freighttrain
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a little Trailer Help!

Does anyone have a 18-24 foot(longer is ok too) flat bed trailer that I can borrow/rent to haul a F350 Crew Cab Dually down from the frozen north(Ft Wayne)?Buddy of mine is selling me his 7.3IDI(The Enterprise if any Brotherhood members are looking) and I need to get it down here without hiring a semi/tow truck.Haven't had any lucky locally.Would have to be bumper pull(pintle or Ball ok) since I haven't got a Goose neck ball or a 5th wheel in my F250.I live up here in Gadsden so would rather keep it in the northern half of alabama but getting to the point of taking up an offer from a Brotherhood member in AZ.Wonder how much rail travel will cost?!?!?

Old 11-05-2004, 08:45 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wish I could help. Best I can haul in my trailer is a motorcycle or my 3-wheeler.
Have you tried U-haul? I know their car haulers are too small but what about a tow dollie?

Old 11-09-2004, 10:56 PM
88bii
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have you tried checking at car lots? auto auctions? their is alot of people that travel the us hauling cars from the south to the north and are usually empty coming back, since their is no big demand down here for rusted-out vehicles without air-conditioning. maybe your not talking about that far north but either way check with some car haulers, might could get it home for a couple hundred or less.

Search this Thread