Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 10:23 AM
White_Knight
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile On the wings of Time- to all my friends here

Dear friends

Greta Garbo was attributed with the witty preface "While I'm still warm..."
I'd like to borrow that. And add a little to it.

While I'm still warm...and breathing...

Thank you. All of you.
For all I hold dear in memory of this year as I watch it drip away...
Doesn't seem like too long ago that we became more than a forum.
We became a Chapter, and welcomed our new Leader, Traxxis.
Before then, I was the Moderator, and no matter what; I'll always be
grateful for that association with each and every one of you. It truly has
been my pleasure, and great privilege, to have been a part of all this. You
are my friends, and my treasure.

I think on many events of this past year. Some things have not been kind to us. Some have had to weather the storms of changes in life- employment, the
economy, world events and the war that has stopped an evil despot from causing his people further suffering. Like the onrushing of a gale these things have made it very difficult for us to stay the present course or sometimes even to maintain heading...

Some have known the pain of loss, the awful silence that consumes the heart's very strength and our mental peace. Even when we see Its approach we remember that Death always remains our bitterest and most inevitable Enemy, and are angry that It comes to us as if we were merely It's prey. The raw openness It leaves behind aches with no rest, lingering as if It's self were, Death's long-cast shadow.

For some the loss of health, and the changes that visit themselves upon us wear us to a powder under their weight. So much rests upon us and what we must do, attain, achieve, work toward... indeed the world and its scene is a constantly changing battlefield. Marshalling our resources and efforts, our talents and skills is an uncertain campaign at best; amid the smoke of battle the most studied and masterful implementations are as illusion...

I know of those here, including myself, who have had these things press upon them. And I humbly beg the Sovereign of the Universe, our Heavenly Father,
this...

May the "peace, which excels all thought" that Your holy spirit, the Comforter
brings, rest upon our hearts and minds and heal the torn edges of them, preserving us anew as each day presents itself.

May Your hand rest upon the brow of those who have shed tears for those
taken from them, and dry their eyes. You alone will execute our Enemy Death
and return those whom have been wrenched away from us by It's hands;
and Death will be no more. Then how great the cry of Victory will be honoring You our Conquerer and our God!

May Your tender mercies and loving kindness fall upon us like the gentle rain
on a broken reed. Your Son once told us that not even a single sparrow falls
but what You know, and that we are worth many of these little birds. And may we remember this always about You. Like tired children running to the arms of a loving parent, let us become "as a little child" and truly know the love of You, our Father, and the comfort of Your Presence. And as our eyes are closing in much needed rest as we leave the things of this world in Your care and keeping, look to those around us, our spiritual family, Your children; smile, and say to our brother and sister: "I love you too".

On the wings of Time my days are borne away from me, but my hope anchors in things Eternal, for truly You alone are "Faithful that promises". I rest rightly in Your mighty hands all of my hopes and prayers for my friends and thank You that I have been given this time with all of them! May our association happily continue in the days to come, and may You bless us all! This I beg in the name of Your Son the Beloved, Your Heavenly King, our Savior and Repurchaser from Death, Christ Jesus; and cry joyfully

"Worthy is the Lamb! that was slain for our sins!"

Amen.

your friend always,

Mark

Last edited by White_Knight; 12-10-2004 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:38 AM
76Forder
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am no man of Religion. I am no partner of the Evil Sect. But not even the most Blastfamist soul can reject touching words of a pure heart. Thanks Mark!

Old 12-10-2004, 10:48 AM
1978fordtruckgirl
Senior User
Amen, Brother. Thank you for all your deep and wonderful thoughts. (Even though it made me cry!) I, too, am glad of the privilege of getting to associate with everyone here and also hope to continue. It's great to know there are people out there to hold you up in times of need. Today was actually one of those days that I needed that. Thank you again and may the blessings returned to you be much more than you can handle. God Bless!

Old 12-10-2004, 10:55 AM
White_Knight
Senior User
Originally Posted by 76Forder
I am no man of Religion. I am no partner of the Evil Sect. But not even the most Blastfamist soul can reject touching words of a pure heart. Thanks Mark!

You are my friend.

Mark

Old 12-10-2004, 10:57 AM
White_Knight
Senior User
Originally Posted by 1978fordtruckgirl
Amen, Brother. Thank you for all your deep and wonderful thoughts. (Even though it made me cry!) I, too, am glad of the privilege of getting to associate with everyone here and also hope to continue. It's great to know there are people out there to hold you up in times of need. Today was actually one of those days that I needed that. Thank you again and may the blessings returned to you be much more than you can handle. God Bless!

You are my friend too. That is
precious to me. I needed that.
So, thank you girl!

Mark