Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Emergency, Read First!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emergency, Read First!

Okay, well, now that I have your attention...

Tomorrow, some of us up here in the Tulsa area are meeting for dinner tomorrow night, and I would like to see as many of you there as possible. I know it's short notice, and for that I appologize (blame it on Alice... j/k). We are going to meet at the Rib Crib here in Claremore at 5:30PM. I know that many of us have not met each other, so you can look for my truck (blue ranger w/ a silver tailgate) and I should be somewhere close by. If we are already inside, you can go in, trust me, you cannot miss me, I'm a little skinny guy (yup, you'll see) with dark hair... more than likely I will be wearing a white t-shirt w/ blue jeans (you guessed it, the OFFICIAL guy uniform).

Hope to see everybody there.

STan

Old 10-08-2004, 06:22 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I was sure that was you on HIghway 2 in Alberta yesterday.

Okie plates on a Ford Taurus headed north near Innisfail.

You went by my turn-off so I knew is wasn't you,How ? because you said you were going to stop in and say Hi

Old 10-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Sorry D, trip got put off... broken leg puts a damper on family vacations... who would known a dog could break somebody's leg??

Besides, you'll know when it's me.... ever seen "National Lampoon's Vacation"... oh yeah, talk about the Griswalds go to Edmonton. Funny thing is, it doesn't matter how many times we go there, seems like we get lost EVERY time.

STan

P.S. Keep up your average post count Mil! Make me proud! I wanna win that prize.

Old 10-11-2004, 09:21 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Thanks for the invite, Stan! Was glad to finally put a face with your name. It was a pleasure meeting you. Dinner was good too. I can never turn down a barbecue dinner. It was good to see you again, Alice. Yer truck is still lookin' great! Sounds great too. Maybe we can do some more of these little informal get togethers to start putting some faces with names.

Old 10-11-2004, 01:58 PM
dakota_viking
Elder User
Stan,

I'm really sorry I couldn't make it over...I was looking forward to driving over when the better half reminded me that we had a prior engagement to attend. I hope something like this can happen again real soon! It would be great to meet up and put some faces with the personalities!

Tim

Old 10-11-2004, 10:25 PM
phillipSVT
Junior User
Stan, If you let us know like a week in advance, I can prolly make a meet in Tulsa, its about an hour drive from Stillwater. But how far is claremore past Tulsa?

Old 10-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by phillipSVT
Stan, If you let us know like a week in advance, I can prolly make a meet in Tulsa, its about an hour drive from Stillwater. But how far is claremore past Tulsa?
Sheesh man... anyone who can make it from OSU in 1 hour is nutts... you'd have to be driving an L.

Yeah, I appologize for the short notice... it's ALL Alice's fault.

I had a good time, thanks to Alice, and Ron (and family) for showing up. Tim, it's cool, don't worry about it man, there will be a next time. Perhaps we'll try to do this once a month or so... is this cool?

STan

Old 10-15-2004, 09:57 AM
1978fordtruckgirl
Senior User
I'm ready for another meet. I'll be driving the Ranger next time though. It cost me $50 bucks in gas to drive from Vinita to Miami to Claremore and back to Vinita. It was so great to meet you Stan and great to see you again, Ron. Nice meeting your family, too. BTW SVT, Claremore is about 30ish miles on the other side of Tulsa. Hey Ron, have you seen the F150 power wheels (the ones kids can drive) at Wal-mart. That would be so cool for Blake. Okay, Stan. Don't wait on me to make the next gtg plans. Just pick a time and date and I'll be there.

Old 10-15-2004, 01:20 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Hey there! Yes, I too am ready for another gtg. Perhaps mid. November? Does this sound good? Maybe the Friday after Thanksgiving would be good? This way the OSU guy's can make it and most of us will probably be off classes and work?

Man Alice, $50!! lol, I hope we were worth it... Maybe we can get a little closer to you next month? Sorry for the delay with the pictures, but it's been a long week, so I promise to have them to you by next friday. "You've got mail"

Ron, I wanted to let you know (not sure if you are interested) that there is a '78 Longbed 1/2 ton for sale in Claremore... not sure what they are asking for it, but if you would like, I could get the number for you? Didn't know how much damage the hail did to your truck a few months back, thought maybe you may be interested.

So what do you guy's think? Say friday, Nov. 19? Would this be cool? Where at? Tulsa?

Old 10-15-2004, 02:49 PM
1978fordtruckgirl
Senior User
As far as I know, that sounds okay. Wherever you decide is okay with me.

Old 10-18-2004, 10:18 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
"Hey Ron, have you seen the F150 power wheels (the ones kids can drive) at Wal-mart. That would be so cool for Blake." Alice, that's cool. I haven't seen that one yet. I would love to get him one, but those things are not cheap!!! I'm actually trying to build him a two seater go cart. It's a learn as I go process.

Stan, Thanks, but I don't need another truck just yet. I just need to do some body work and patching on my '78. I just need to find the time and $$$ to fix the hail dents and some rust patches. (I was looking for the rear spring shackles for a side project.)

The weekend before(20th) ThanksGiving might work out better than the weekend right after(27th)? Many people might be out of state visiting family or might be too busy with guests visiting Oklahoma? Or maybe I'm overthinking it. Whatever date and time ya'll setup for I'm game, pending my calendar.

Old 10-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Did anybody else have any opinions to add??? Tired of talk... want to see a little bit of action.

STan

Old 10-26-2004, 11:20 PM
phillipSVT
Junior User
I will have to check my schedule, but almost any weekend besides Thanksgiving weekend would work. We should meet some place between OKC and Tulsa to get the best member turnout. Stillwater might make a great place? That or take turns, a Meet in Tulsa then do a meet in OKC mabee the next month?

Old 10-28-2004, 12:42 AM
SVTF150Lghtn
Freshman User
OKC meet in November on a Sunday Afternoon???

Maybe Lunch, a cruise around the city, and a group picture????

Just trying to get the ball rolling, cause its been sitting there for awhile...

Old 10-28-2004, 06:08 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Not too sure how many of the members attend church on a regular basis, perhaps we should make it for a saturday afternoon?

Unfortionatly, I would not be able to make either one, as I work 2 10's on sat/sunday.

So, what do you other guy's think? GTG in the OKC area?

STan

Quick Reply: Emergency, Read First!