Notices

best way to make it shine!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 10:43 AM
TX4x4screw
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best way to make it shine!!!!!

does any body have any good tips on making a paint job shine. i was going to clay bar, compound, then wax, because prvious owner did not do a good job of waxing my 2001. i also heard that liquid glass works well also but you had to strip the wax off then aply. any tips will help
thanks
TX4x4screw

Old 10-29-2004, 10:59 AM
RangerRuss
Elder User
Meguiars.com has some great information and "how to" clinics.
Worth a read...

Hope this helps. Russ

Old 10-29-2004, 02:06 PM
tps0424
Senior User
Liquid glass is a polish and it creates an incredible shine. If you wash your truck with dish soap, (Palmolive) it should be fine to use the Liquid Glass especially if the previous owner waxed it some time ago.

Old 10-29-2004, 10:44 PM
77hiboyboy
Posting Guru
no need to use dish-soap, it is way to severe, I am in partnerships on a detail shop, and this is how I do it, I clay-bar like instructions say, then I wash with the clay-bar, then depending on the rest of the body, scrath-wire, I either buff, or do a hand-rub of wax-shops' safe-cut, or cleaner wax, topped by wax-shops superglaze. www.waxshop.com only thing I use, tried everything else, and this leaves me the happiest, for ease of application, and end result. Trust me, this stuff is great.

Old 10-31-2004, 09:37 PM
stutterstan
Senior User
This will top all of the above. Zaino has kits and I have yet to hear anything bad about it. It is more expensive, but as with everything in life, you get what you pay for.

Old 11-13-2004, 07:48 AM
offshore1
Senior User
If you want a "to die for" shine, but don't want all the rubbing and buffing; try Waxing Frenzy wax. I use it on my boat and truck and it lasts a long time.

I have used about everything out there; Zaino, NXT, Pinnacle, Liquid Glass, Wet, Blitz Wax, Vanilla Moose, S100, etc etc. Most will give a good shine, but they all have thier quirks. Like Zaino has to have lots of coats before it looks deep and it is a multi step process.
Waxing Frenzy is SOOO easy to remove, you could almost blow it off. Plus it can be applied in direct sunlight - which is important w/ a large truck or boat.
This stuff works. It is all the talk of the performance boaters and many other car forums.
They have specific waxfor boats and cars.
www.cleaningfrenzy.com
Try it, I am confident everyone will be as happy as I am.

Old 11-14-2004, 08:25 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
My vote is for Zaino. Great shine and durability. The number one mistake users make is not allowing it to dry long enough. Follow the directions that appear on their website to the "T" and you will love Zaino. Note: Read ALL of the directions first.

Old 11-17-2004, 05:40 PM
CountyWide
New User
Has anybody compared Zaino with wet Cherry wax?

Old 11-18-2004, 09:00 AM
offshore1
Senior User
I have compared to Zaino. In fact I "love" Zaino stuff. But it is very "involved" applying step after step. Then to really get a good DEEP shine, you need atleast 3 coats before it really looks awsome. (I had over 35 coats within 6 months on my old car)
The truck is just too big for that amount of effort.
I am getting 99% of a Zaino shine and Zaino depth with Frenzy. Plus I can do my truck, start to finish in less than 30 minutes. The stuff comes off sooo easy.
It is worth a try. If you want links to where the boaters are raving about it, just ask and I'll post it.

Old 11-18-2004, 01:30 PM
CountyWide
New User
Thanks for your reply I ordered the Zaino, Frenzy, and wet Cherry and will use one product on each of my trucks. Ill let you know the results!!

Old 11-18-2004, 11:02 PM
77hiboyboy
Posting Guru
zanio looks like plastic wrap, I don't like it.

Old 11-19-2004, 12:00 AM
wcmo sae
Senior User
Well, here's my 0.02..... I used Meguiar's "Mirror Glaze" series Show Car Shine, followed by 2 coats of Turtle Wax Ultra Gloss wax. I only had time to do the hood that day, but everywhere I went until I finished the car, I heard "How'd you get that shine like that??" I even talked to a couple former detailers, and even they couldn't beleive it. As far as I've seen, that's been the shiniest hood I've seen; almost like a red (since the paint is red) mirror. Before I started using those two together, I never noticed how the metallic flakes in the now 5 year old paint glistened so much........

Old 04-06-2005, 04:08 PM
TruckLarry
Senior User
I used SuperGlaze back in the 80's. It's good stuff (though it's only good for 30 days or so) and is super easy to use. It's like water, and you just dampen a terry cloth in it and go to town.

It is my understanding that the Original Wax Shop Superglaze as discussed is NOT intended for clear-coat paints though.

I tried their clear coat polish and was not impressed with it. It was a cream like most others. No advantage.

-Larry

Originally Posted by 77hiboyboy
no need to use dish-soap, it is way to severe, I am in partnerships on a detail shop, and this is how I do it, I clay-bar like instructions say, then I wash with the clay-bar, then depending on the rest of the body, scrath-wire, I either buff, or do a hand-rub of wax-shops' safe-cut, or cleaner wax, topped by wax-shops superglaze. www.waxshop.com only thing I use, tried everything else, and this leaves me the happiest, for ease of application, and end result. Trust me, this stuff is great.

Old 04-06-2005, 04:12 PM
TruckLarry
Senior User
Ok, now this is one damned smart wax!

"Scientifically formulated for no-wax buildup. Actually detects previous wax applications, removes and replaces with itself. "

Windows Update ain't this smart!

-Larry

Originally Posted by offshore1
If you want a "to die for" shine, but don't want all the rubbing and buffing; try Waxing Frenzy wax. I use it on my boat and truck and it lasts a long time.

I have used about everything out there; Zaino, NXT, Pinnacle, Liquid Glass, Wet, Blitz Wax, Vanilla Moose, S100, etc etc. Most will give a good shine, but they all have thier quirks. Like Zaino has to have lots of coats before it looks deep and it is a multi step process.
Waxing Frenzy is SOOO easy to remove, you could almost blow it off. Plus it can be applied in direct sunlight - which is important w/ a large truck or boat.
This stuff works. It is all the talk of the performance boaters and many other car forums.
They have specific waxfor boats and cars.
www.cleaningfrenzy.com
Try it, I am confident everyone will be as happy as I am.