Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 02:06 PM
jdbanks
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow HOUSTON shops and mechanics?

A STRANGER ENTERS, LOOKING AROUND......

Hello all,

An oldtimer here checking in after a long absence. Wow, things look different around here. Hopefully I'll be able to check in more often now, especially since I will hopefully be driving my truck again soon.

I'm in Houston now and being new to the area I don't know where the good shops are. Can anyone recommend a good mechanic or shop in the Houston area for my '67 F100 baby, soon to be getting a fresh restoration job.

-J.Banks-

Old 10-25-2004, 04:17 PM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
Welcome back JD. I was wondering where you went off to.

Chris

Old 10-25-2004, 06:37 PM
jdbanks
Elder User
Hey Chris, glad to see some familiar names are still around.

As for me, well I lost my cushy job with internet access all night and then working fulltime and going to school fulltime didn't allow for much internet time.

Not to mention buying a house, getting married, graduating college and now selling that house to move to the land of opportunity........Houston. LOL

Now that I'm out of school I can actually relax from time to time, gosh I love the real world.

-J.Banks-

Old 10-29-2004, 02:05 PM
redneckolson
New User
Exclamation

hey jd

i am actually from houston....baytown actually.....if you find anyone let me know.....i am starting on a 72 F250.....it really needs a bed too if anyone knows anything it would be appreciated......i was wondering also if i find one from a f100 will it fit my truck

any info would be appreciated

chris olson
72 F250

Old 10-30-2004, 10:03 PM
TryMe
Senior User
Howdy Guys ! So you lookin to move to the traffic jam capital of Texas. Well it is, and were grad to have you. I have a Hobby Shop in N.W. Houston like near willowbrook mall. And when you get settled in,you welcome to drop by. Mostly were into the older trucks,but have been known to help out guys with there late models. Like to give you some idea,of old my shop is composed now of a 1940 Ford P.U.,1950 Ford F-5 holmes wrecker, 1962 V.W front engine 5.8/Ford Bug,1972 Isusu (5.0/ford) truck, yep I like putting V-8 fords in everything. 1967 fastback mustang. And last is my pride & Joy . Its a 1952 Mercury M-3 full size 4-door 1-ton dually pickup. Its the only 52 merc 4-door truck I have seen.Yep it got a bigger Ford engine also. Its powered by a modified 460 EFI/5 speed. I don't really take on outside work,but sometime I help guys that need it,also have friends that have nice shops. As far as early ford truck parts. There are very few in Houston,but I know of about 8-10 within 2 hours of Houston that have old truck and cars. So I may be able to locate the parts you need. If its real nice complete trucks your lookin for in Texas. You need to go up into the panhandle of Texas. I have made several trips there. Lots of old goodies mostly just with little rust. Its noting to drive through a small town and see a old guy, still driving a orginal 50 year old car or truck. Or nice complete vintage stuff just sitting in backyards.
Well gotta Go !! Good Luck !

Old 11-01-2004, 02:17 AM
jdbanks
Elder User
Hey redneckolson. Yeah, a bed from an F100 will fit your F250, the beds are the same as far as I know.

And hello Tryme. Sounds like quite a collection you got going there. I'd love to give them a peek sometime. I'm from East TX and believe me, there's plenty of old trucks running around there as well as sitting up in people's yards. i don't have a problem finding parts, my problem is I don't have facilities to do alot of the work my truck still needs, nor the time or a good mechanic. But I do finally have the money, which has been stopping me up till this point. So if you do know a good mechanic to work on a 1967 F100, please let me know. Thanks.

-J.BANKS-

Old 11-01-2004, 02:27 AM
redneckolson
New User
thanks a lot jd banks