An ecentric slave master cylinder to a concentric slave cylinder...can it be done?

Old 10-19-2004, 01:42 AM
tcd
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An ecentric slave master cylinder to a concentric slave cylinder...can it be done?

I have a 1985 f350 with a 1979 351W block that I want to install a ZF s542 in it to replace the T-18 that is in it now. The 1987 ZF tanny that I found has a concentric slave cylinder .......and my question is.....Since the concentric slave cylinder has a air bleed valve on it , is it then possible for me to just splice in to my old hydraulic line to connect it to my old clutch master cylinder ? I'm trying to do this swap with out having to buy a new slave assembly............TCD

Old 10-19-2004, 10:08 AM
FordPerf300
Posting Guru
I would replace the slave anyways, You will have to use the concentric slave as there is no provisions for an external one. As for hooking up your master to it, you will have to hook it up to the input side of the slave, not the bleeder, as for doing that i'm not sure if the old style line will clip into the ZF slave, if not you might beable to get a line made?

Old 10-19-2004, 07:41 PM
tcd
Freshman User
yeah that's what I'm hoping to do..... Buy a new slave and keep my master cylinder.
I wasn't speaking of attatching any thing to the air bleed......I mentioned it because I can bleed the hydraulic clutch system of any air when installing this transmission.........I hope it'llwork.......TCD

Search this Thread