1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Most Far-Fetched Warranty Repair

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Matt03Expy
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most Far-Fetched Warranty Repair

My warranty will be up in 2000 miles. What are some of the most wild warranty repairs anyone has gotten performed? I have heard of repainting an entire liftgate for minor chipping where the license plate light housing meets the liftgate at the corners. I would like a new drivers seat because the leather shows light cracking and such. Every so often the idle is mildly rough, but that stops. Please give me some ideas.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:25 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got a new motor with the vehice out of warranty by 3 months and 1000 miles and this is after breaking a connecting rod because I overspun my supercharger.

Old 05-22-2006, 08:12 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
my dealership right now is installing a used motor in an escape that the owner threatened to sue because we wouldnt honor his warranty just because he went through a little water(48 inches) water was filling the cylinders-intake-oil pan. Ford executives convinced him otherwise.

Old 05-22-2006, 08:55 PM
austinjorg
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pain Prob?

Have you checked on the roof down in the bottom of the "drain slots". Somewhere on here I read about a guy that has an 03/EB, garage kept, low miles but noticed in the bottom of the slots on the top of the truck, the paint is cracking. I checked out mine and can see the same thing. I've got the Wedgewood blue, I think his was black. I just wonder if this is going to be a problem.
I myself have had front windshield gasket problem, brakes (of course), rattling passenger door, mirrors never return to original place with backup assist on and the reverse sensor went out. Everything is fine now, but every now and then my reverse sensor goes crazy still. Good Luck!